Thread: Zone Alarm Pro [latest version] start up problems

oldwizard Guest

Default Zone Alarm Pro [latest version] start up problems

My Zone Alarm Pro has been having start up problems for the past few days.If the 'Zone Alarm is initializing' windows stays open for several seconds while the program loads I have no problems. But some times
    the window
    just flashes on for for a split second, followed by the window coming on again for a shorter time than normal, and my computer will either reboot or it will lock-up when the Zone Alarm traffic indicator is running when I'm online. Internet and email service
    may also be blocked on occasion.oldwizardWin XP Sp2+ all updtaes except the problem one.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

tumblingdice Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro [latest version] start up problems

I've had the same problem this week all of the sudden. Someone posted some uninstall/reinstall instructions here that I'm going to attempt.

oldwizard Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro [latest version] start up problems

I solved the problem by uninstalling Zone Alarm [I found out you can't be connected to the internet to do this] and then re downloaded it from my account but the download failed
    after several attempts. I tried the download from the update location and that worked just fine. Zone Alarm now starts cleanly and faster and I've had no problems since.

NOTE:

Upgrade now:
    Download - Click Here
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 24th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Thread Information