Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZA Shut Down

esorami Guest

Default ZA Shut Down

I cannot get ZA to work. It says it is shut down. Does anyone else have that problem? I have been with ZA for several years and this is the first time this has happened.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: ZA Shut Down

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>esorami wrote:
    I cannot get ZA to work. It says it is shut down. Does anyone else have that problem? I have been with ZA for several years and this is the first time this has happened.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    to the Zone Alarm User Forum..The simplest procedure is to:The New ZAFree 7.0.473.000 Requires a Minimum of Win WP with Service Pack 2 or SP3, and may not install if XP has not been Upgraded to SP2..1.)Download the ZAFree 7.0.483installerpreferably with IE7 and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right) (Click the Red Download Now Button)ZAFreefor WinXP SP2 http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html (zlsSetup_70_483_000_en.exe 44.6MB)2.) Please note that ZAFree does not always play nice with many security tools. For example, ad-aware, Ad-watch, AVG 8, spybotS&amp;D, Spyware Doctor, Spysweeper. For sure it cannot be installed if you have still another Antivirus software or Firewall (other than Windows Firewall) installed or active.

To troubleshoot ZAFree issues it is highly recommendedthat youremove all the above and install them back on (if you really need to) after your ZAFreeis installed and configured and runningas it should. If you have not installed any of the above ensure that NO left overs areon the system (they can conflict with the ZA install).
    You must go into ZA Overview/Preferences and UN-Check "Load ZoneAlarm Free on Startup"3. Reboot the Computer. 4. Install the new ZA update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

esorami Guest

Thanks for the reply and the good info.I do use AVG and AdAware and have for years alongside ZA. I am wondering why this just now started. I also use SpyBot.I have Sp2.I get a msg that I need to uninstall Computer Associates Antivirus before I can update ZA, but I uninstalled that last year and I cannot find any traces of it now. Is there another way I can get find out if it's still on here? Again...thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply and the good info.I do use AVG and AdAware and have for years alongside ZA. I am wondering why this just now started. I also use SpyBot.I have Sp2.I get a msg that I need to uninstall Computer Associates Antivirus before I can update ZA, but I uninstalled that last year and I cannot find any traces of it now. Is there another way I can get find out if it's still on here? Again...thanks for the reply.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Old ZAFree Version 5.xx and 6.xx were just the Basic Firewall, all versions of ZAFree 7.0.xxx are nearly three times lager install file..Here is a Clue for Users of ZAFree for WinXP..all version of ZAFree for Win XP ever since the First ZAFree Ver. 7.0 contain the full Trial of ZA Security Suite.. 44.6Mb, nearly three times bigger than the original ZAFree Ver 6.0,this is a Marketing Ploy to offer FRee users a chance to try the 15 day trial of the Full Security Suite, even though durring the Install process you can Decline the Free Trial of the Security Suite, the fact that the ZA Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware install modules are included in the ZAFree Install package will Conflict with any other Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware that you have pre-installed before installing ZAFree .2.) Please note that ZAFree for XP does not always play nice with many security tools. For example, ad-aware, Ad-watch, AVG 8, spybotS&amp;D, Spyware Doctor, Spysweeper. For sure it cannot be installed if you have still another Antivirus software or Firewall (other than Windows Firewall) installed or active.

To troubleshoot ZAFree issues it is highly recommendedthat youremove all the above and install them back on (if you really need to) after your ZAFreeis installed and configured and runningas it should. If you have not installed any of the above ensure that NO left overs areon the system (they can conflict with the ZA install).Here is another tip:Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel. It seems that Spyware Doctor's Process Guard does not play nice with ZA. There is a known issue that PC Tools is investigating where the Spyware Doctor causes excess CPU usage for vsmon.exe. This was really never a big deal for me, but apparently with the newest ZA update, this conflict has risen to a new level. If I disable Process Guard then ZA functions normally.
    You must go into ZA Overview/Preferences and UN-Check "Load ZoneAlarm Free on Startup"3. Reboot the Computer. 4. Install the new ZA update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, (*** Caution - if you do not want the Free 15 day Trial opf the Full Security Suite Un-Check that option durringInstall process) Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

ZAFree for WinXP requires a minimum of Service Pack 2..Please Post back with your Progress Report..

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:957182966
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4375 &lt;== New Update
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV

esorami Guest

Please Post back with your Progress Report..

George, do u have any idea how I can remove Computer Associates Antivirus? ZA won't install the update until I uninstall CAA. I can't find it anywhere on
    my computer
    thru a search, add remove programs, or in my list of programs. I went to the CAA website and asked them but they say they don't have me listed as one of their users. Getting frustrated here. Now why won't ZA fix this so we don't all have to jump thru hoops just to update? Here I am naked (so to speak) with no av, firewall, or anti spyware installed.

esorami Guest

Ok, I found the folder/file containing the CA Antivirus file. It was listed
    in Yahoo. Shall I delete that folder or only the file or will I do damage if I do that? This is driving me batty! I have lost sight of my goal now.

Please Post back with your Progress Report..George, do u have any idea how I can remove Computer Associates Antivirus? ZA won't install the update until I uninstall CAA. I can't find it anywhere onmy computerthru a search, add remove programs, or in my list of programs. I went to the CAA website and asked them but they say they don't have me listed as one of their users. Getting frustrated here. Now why won't ZA fix this so we don't all have to jump thru hoops just to update? Here I am naked (so to speak) with no av, firewall, or anti spyware installed.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry but "Computer Associates Antivirus?" is not a ZoneAlarm or CheckPoint Product,Why would you Assume that Any Computer comany provide FREE support for somebody else's Product..There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This ZoneAlarm Forum exist to help the Few ZoneAlarm Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarmand need to be guided in the right direction..Here is the Link to CA Support..http://shop.ca.com/support/defaultnew.aspxHere is the the Zone Alarm Link to Tech Support..<DIV class=page_header>Technical Support<LINK href="https://sc1.checkpoint.com/za/css/zl_style.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet><STYLE type=text/css></STYLE><DIV class="body notice" onclick="document.location.href=('http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html')"><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 250px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 600px; PADDING-TOP: 35px">Important notice to ZoneAlarm customers
    Tuesday, July 8, 2008:
    <DIV class=headblack2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px">Installation of Microsoft Update KB951748 may result in loss of Internet connectivity.Click Herefor more information on how to resolve this issue. <DIV style="CLEAR: both"><TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=895 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=table_blackline colSpan=2>Support for ZoneAlarm Products </TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodyreg> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=body vAlign=top width="70%">

Technical Support provides answers to your technical questions about ZoneAlarm products. You can find valuable information about the proper configuration and use of your software, or you can get help solving a technical problem using our online Instant Support, our Premium Telephone Support, or by consulting product-specific documentation.

For help finding out which product you are currently using, click here.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#dadceb><TD colSpan=3 height=18></TD></TR><TR><TD width=1 bgColor=#dadceb></TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=1 bgColor=#dadceb></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap><B class=headblack2>Premium Phone Support[/B]</TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#dadceb></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap><B class=headblack2>ZoneAlarm User Forum[/B]</TD><TD bgColor=#dadceb rowSpan=4></TD><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2><B class=headblack2>ZoneAlarm Router Support[/B]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD class=body vAlign=top>SofaWare, our technology partner, provides live chat, and Web-based technical support.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD width=1 bgColor=#dadceb></TD><TD class=body vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=5></TD><TD class=body vAlign=top height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> </TD><TD class=body vAlign=top width="99%">Talk with a ZoneAlarm technician by telephone. Billed to your credit card or phone bill.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#dadceb></TD><TD class=body vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="1%" height=5></TD><TD class=body vAlign=top width="99%" height=5></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD class=body>Provides users of all ZoneAlarm firewalls a place to share ideas and support each other.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#dadceb></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#dadceb height=1></TD><TD bgColor=#dadceb height=1></TD><TD bgColor=#dadceb height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD class=body vAlign=top width="30%"><LINK href="https://sc1.checkpoint.com/za/css/sku_list.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet><STYLE type=text/css></STYLE><DIV class=body style="BORDER-RIGHT: #a6a6a6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #a6a6a6 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px 0px 16px; BORDER-LEFT: #a6a6a6 1px solid; WIDTH: 260px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #a6a6a6 1px solid"><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BACKGROUND-POSITION: center 50%; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ver_chrome.gif); PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x; HEIGHT: 24px">Quick Support Options<DIV class=relatedlinks style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; BACKGROUND-POSITION: 50% bottom; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...r_gradient.gif); PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-x; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><DIV class=prHead>&gt;&gt;Instant Support<DIV class=prHead>&gt;&gt;Premium Phone Support<DIV class=prHead>&gt;&gt;ZoneAlarm User Forum<DIV class=prHead>&gt;&gt;Login to My Account</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    GeorgeV

Ok, I found the folder/file containing the CA Antivirus file. It was listedin Yahoo. Shall I delete that folder or only the file or will I do damage if I do that? This is driving me batty! I have lost sight of my goal now.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Removing the CA Folder may work, but if CA does what Norton/Symantec and McAfee do when installing there programs, they enter dozen's of Entries in your Windows Registry, and that may be what ZoneAlarm is detecting..
    GeorgeV

esorami Guest

Sorry, I am just getting frustrated and worried that I will do the wrong thing and make things worse on my pc. Thanks for putting up with me and helping. Thanks for the links. BTW...CA says they don't show me on their list so I had to send them the license key.Whew.

esorami Guest

Yippieee
    It's working. ZA installed and it is updated now.
    Can't thank u enough. I am still working on 1 site that can't connect and hope to remedy it quickly. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information