Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Access Internet After Installing Latest Win XP Security Updates

plough Guest

Default Can't Access Internet After Installing Latest Win XP Security Updates

I just installed the latest security update for Win XP and I'm running into the same issue that happened with the last update.
    I can no longer access the internet unless I set my Internet Zone Security to Medium.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Do you know which package is causing the issue?
    My version info is as follows:Version 7.0.483.000TrueVector security engine version 7.0.483.000Driver version 7.0.483.000Anti-virus engine version 3, DAT file version 97174404

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

skritzik Guest

Default Re: Can't Access Internet After Installing Latest Win XP Security Updates

I have the same problem, only worse.
    With KB951748, setting the slider, as you mentioned, was a temp. fix.
    With the latest batch of August, 2008, "fixes" by MSFT, I couldn't get I E working at all when ZA Pro was working.
    We need another fix, but how the H___ do we/they get MSFT to stop this nonsense?
    Stan Kritzik

bangkoksteve Guest

Default Re: Can't Access Internet After Installing Latest Win XP Security Updates

This is not a microsoft issue,
    perhaps a ZA issue, but imho it is a conflict elsewhere.
    I installed the updates without any problem, and I did have the connection problem last time.
    Have you tried to do a system restore to the point before the last updates?

plough Guest

I haven't tried backing out the patches yet, but I will if necessary.
    However, should I really have to?
    I would like to apply the security patches, so as to not leave my system vulnerable, and would expect the ZoneAlarm to continue functioning properly.
    It's a little ridiculous that ZoneAlarm dies every time a Win XP security patch is applied.
    Hopefully a fix for this is released soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>plough wrote:
    I haven't tried backing out the patches yet, but I will if necessary. However, should I really have to? I would like to apply the security patches, so as to not leave my system vulnerable, and would expect the ZoneAlarm to continue functioning properly. It's a little ridiculous that ZoneAlarm dies every time a Win XP security patch is applied.Hopefully a fix for this is released soon.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to ZoneAlarm User Forum<H3 style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Critical Issue (7/8/2008) Windows update (KB951748) causing loss of internet access.
    </H3><H3 style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">NewZoneAlarm versions posted for allproducts Click here to download</H3><H3 style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></H3>
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

plough Guest

<blockquote><hr>GeorgeV wrote:

<blockquote>Welcome to ZoneAlarm User Forum</blockquote>Critical Issue (7/8/2008) Windows update (KB951748) causing loss of internet access.
    New
    ZoneAlarm versions posted for all
    products Click here to download

<hr></blockquote>Are you implying that the fix for issues caused by the July Win XP security updates will also work for the issues caused by the August Win XP security updates?
    Has anyone tried this?
    I'm getting sick and tired of having to uninstall and reinstall the application.

prof_fate Guest

Thank you for your Feedback..
    You will need to Contact ZA Tech Support Directly for a Definitive answer to that question.. We are all Users Here in this User Forum..
    There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is,This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZA Tech Support and Custmer Service do not
    Read this Forum..

There two Seperate Web-links for those two services..
    Customer Service
    www.zonealarm.com/csform
    or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..
    ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform

tulipjan Guest

I have also had a problem since installing the latest Microsoft updates.
    I have no problem this time connecting to the Internet but the pages will not open - keep getting the hourglass.
    I suspect it has to do with the Internet Explorer update but am afraid to uninstall it.
    In order to access the Internet, I have to turn off Zone Alarm (setting Zone Alarm to medium security does not help).
    Am using the Windows firewall at this moment.
    Does contacting Zone Alarm support help?

theraid Guest

press ctrl+shift and right click the ZA icon then reset. it worked for me. if there's any problem i'll let you know again.

prof_fate Guest

Thank you for leting us know it worked for you..

:8}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information