Thread: Unable To Access Internet Since August Microsoft Security Update

wagrimes Guest

Default Unable To Access Internet Since August Microsoft Security Update

I was knocked off with the July update but managed to get by it and installed the new software. With the August update, however, I was once again unable to access the Internet on my XP laptop (my Vista desktop is unaffected). I've tried reinstalling in update mode, doing a clean install, resetting options and sliders to no avail. I am thinking about uninstalling Zone Security Suite altogether but suspect that will have no effect. At this point many system services will not start, blocked presumably by something Zone Alarm did, and applications will not run.
    Please let me reiterate - this is NOT the July problem but instead a new
    (or repeat) problem caused by the Microsoft
    security update of August 12. Initially I saw several others posting about what sounded similar but now that thread is read-only and nothing new seems to have been posted. Am I the only one so affected? Has anyone else contacted Microsoft or CheckPoint about the problem? I would try to call them but I am away next week. If nothing is posted by next weekend, I'll have to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

evaliket Guest

Default Re: Unable To Access Internet Since August Microsoft Security Update

Starting this afternoon I have the same issue that you describe but even after disabling Zone alarm I cannot access the internet through my wireless network but with zone alarm activated I am able to access the internet using dialup so I don`t think in my case it is Zone alarm related but I could be wrong
    Ed

Default Re: Unable To Access Internet Since August Microsoft Security Update

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>wagrimes wrote:
    I was knocked off with the July update but managed to get by it and installed the new software. With the August update, however, I was once again unable to access the Internet on my XP laptop (my Vista desktop is unaffected). I've tried reinstalling in update mode, doing a clean install, resetting options and sliders to no avail. I am thinking about uninstalling Zone Security Suite altogether but suspect that will have no effect. At this point many system services will not start, blocked presumably by something Zone Alarm did, and applications will not run.Please let me reiterate - this is NOT the July problem but instead a new(or repeat) problem caused by the Microsoft security update of August 12. Initially I saw several others posting about what sounded similar but now that thread is read-only and nothing new seems to have been posted. Am I the only one so affected? Has anyone else contacted Microsoft or CheckPoint about the problem? I would try to call them but I am away next week. If nothing is posted by next weekend, I'll have to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZA Tech Support and Custmer Service do notRead this Forum..There two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform(preferably with IE7 Browser) you will receive an Auto-generated confirmation Email with your Case number usually in 30 minutes, then a Responce from Tech Support ASAP.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information