After updating to the most recent version of Zone Alarm I have been having connection issues on my network. I am behind a d-link wbr 2310 router, running 2 xp pro desktops and a vista premium laptop all hard wired behind the router and networked together. the two xp machines run zone alarm all the time while on the laptop I only run ZA for the occasioanal scan, the firewalls on all machines are turned off (both windows and ZA) because I am behind the router. After updating to the most recent version(8.0.020.000) on all systems I am have connection issues between the vista and the xp pro machines, I can no longer browse the network with the vista machine and end up being "kicked" off my network and also loose my internet connection as well after about 5 minutes on the laptop., this is just after updating ZA on the vista machine and it is not even running! After I removed ZA from the laptop everything returned to normal. I have not found a solution for this issue, and wonder if anyone has similar experience. This seemed to be a problem with the net-bios names of the computers as I was getting event errors #8003 on the xp os and error #4321 on the laptop with vista, basically saying that one (XP) wanted to be the master browser and that the 2 computers had the same ip address or net-bios names. This was not the case after much time wasted! when I removed ZA from the laptop running vista everything went back to normal. I am just writing this as more of warning than anything else as my subscription is about to expire and will probably trya diffrent av solution, so tired of programs that you pay for changing settings and such without any info or warnings that they are doing this.
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite