Thread: No Connectivity

phantomdaz Guest

Default No Connectivity

Hello all

First time visit, long time user.
    I seem to be having a problem with my ZA security suite not allowing access to the internet. I have to close the program to visit this site
    I first went to the KB951748 link and thought this would fix my problem.

I downloaded the latest update that is on the page as suggested but for some reason, I get a pop up that tells me I am not the administrator when I try to install it. I have no administrator password and I am the only account on this computer.
    I then went in to the control panel and assigned a password as a possible work around and logged back in using the password, again I get the error when I try to install it.

At that time, I just downloaded the trial version from the main page ( I have the paid for key) and it installed correctly with no problems. I had it do a clean install but the problem still exists. I do not get the administrator error on any other program.

So I went to step two, I removed the KB update, set my internet zone to med and still it will not access the internet.

This is one of three pc's on this network
    I am only having trouble on this unit.

I have changed my router and went straight to my broadband modem and still the same issues. It all points back to having ZA disabled in order to get on the internet.
    Any suggestions?

I am running XP Pro 32 Bit with service pack 3
    I can not open ZA right now to get you the version because I am typing this request but it is the latest version available for download on the main page.
    I am also running network magic. I have ruled out other programs as I disabled them on start up and opened ZA first and found that was the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks to all
    Daz

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

phread Guest

Default Re: No Connectivity

I seem to be having a similar problem. Yesterday without any obvious reason I lost access to
    the internet. I could/ping my wireless router & my broadband modem but I could not access their setup in a browser (Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome). This still happened when I connected by cable to the broadband modem.
    Today I uninstalled and reinstalled ZoneAlarm 7.0 (free). If I leave the firewall setting for the internet zone set at the default high level I cannot access the net. If I set it to the medium (not recommended) I can access the net.
    I am a long time user of the Zone Alarm firewall & AVG antivirus and don't know why I lost access to the Net yesterday. Can anyone explain what is going on?
    Thanks Mark

phread Guest

Default Re: No Connectivity

Installing the zlsSetup_70_483_000_en.exe update has resolved my connectivity issue.I can now access the internet with the Internet Zone Security set to high.

Thread Information