A few days ago, I was prompted to install an update which turned out to be version 8 (8.0.020.000) and have a completely different interface to version 7.
Ever since then, I've been experiencing all the problems with CPU performance and internet connection anyone can think of:
1. system start-up takes MUCH longer (easily takes 5-10 mins)
2. internet connection becomes temperamental and unstable
3. problem loading websites
4. wouldn't allow me to log on to websites with CORRECT log-in details
5. privacy alerts no longer indicate which of the websites and which of a website's settings is causing loading problem
6. MS Office applications and others (such as Adobe) take much longer to open up
7. system shut-down takes even MUCH longer - we are talking about at least 20 mins!!
This version is a nightmare - why did ZA send me an automatic update that is causing havoc to my computer??
I was already experiencing problems with version 7 and hoping an update would fix them. Little did I know version 8 would take these problems to an extreme.
For your information, I just performed a system recovery to the factory condition (XP Home) and then installed XP SP 3, updated only MS applications and browers a week before installing your update so my computer is as clean as a brand new one and have very few pieces of software running.
I bought ZA to protect my computer/internet use, not to prohibit myself from using the computer/internet.
I have also written in to Tech Support but hope that someone here may also be kind and wise enough to shed some light.
Windows XP Home Edition
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Message Edited by snowbird on 09-09-2008 09:58 AM