Thread: Computer does not start after downloading zone alarm

grewalsam Guest

Default Computer does not start after downloading zone alarm

I downloaded Zone Alarm (Free Version) and computer does not start since then...i tried safe mode..last known config etc. but its of no help...can anybody please help as i have data on comp i need to access immediately!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Computer does not start after downloading zone alarm

Hi!I am afraid but in these cases there is not much to do then re-installing the system.May be other users have better ideas?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>grewalsam wrote:
    I downloaded Zone Alarm (Free Version) and computer does not start since then...i tried safe mode..last known config etc. but its of no help...can anybody please help as i have data on comp i need to access immediately!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor.

1.) it is possible that the ZAFree Install file was Corrupted or Bad download?

2.) What other Security Software do you have installed that may be Conflicting with ZAFree or Blocking ZAFree?

3.) We need More Infor on youe WinXP home? is it SP2 or SP3?, Have you installed allm of the Latest Microsoft Update?

4.) you may have to do a Clean unistall of ZAFree with /clean and Reinstall?Have you tried this instruction to remove ZA completely?Here: http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103

5.) Please Read this.. http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=34772

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hammernu Guest

Just a long shot, but if you have it, boot from your Windows XP installation CD, then choose the Recovery Console option when you get to that screen.
    Enter the command:

chkdsk /r

This will check for disk errors and fix them. Believe it or not, a friend of mine was not able to boot and this solved his problem. I hope it works for you.

I just thought of something else: I've never used the Recovery Console myself but it might allow you to access your data on C: and possibly copy it to another media, assuming you're still not able to boot.

Message Edited by HammerNU on 09-23-2008 08:28 PM

Thread Information