Thread: Temp Internet File Folder Unaccessable

lattegirl Guest

Default Temp Internet File Folder Unaccessable

Hi everyone! I had this problem a few weeks ago when I switched from Norton to ZA. What I did to correct the problem (thanx
    to Fax) was re-install ZA on my computer and then it was fine. I tried to pull up something in Acrobat Reader and it tells me again I cannot access the Temp Internet Folders file. I am beginning to wonder if I did the right thing switching from Norton as I never had such problems with that program. I am running Windows XP and have AVG for anti virus, ZA for firewall as well as CCleaner and SuperAnti Spyware as well as Spybot programs. I tried re-installing the Acrobat Reader
    but when I tried to download it, it needed the Temp Internet file folder and of course I didn't have access to it. This is really frustrating and I have already paid for a year of ZA so I cannot go back to Norton. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

tonikrys Guest

Default Re: Temp Internet File Folder Unaccessable

Since you have tech support available, if you haven't already call them. Zone Alarm is a good firewall and has been recommended on many sites and computer magazines. Good luck. tk##

lattegirl Guest

Well, I just checked that and it seems you do have to pay for it which I would think since I paid for the program it would be free but I think I will have to do that anyway because I need to get this resolved. Do you know if there is a free number to call for support if you have the Zone Alarm Pro (paid) system? Thanx

hammernu Guest

Spybot is know to interfere with ZoneAlarm.
    Try shutting down ZoneAlarm (right-click the ZoneAlarm System Tray icon and choose Shutdown) and see if the problem persists. If it does, ZoneAlarm is not the problem. If it goes away, try uninstalling Spybot and see what happens with ZoneAlarm running.

lattegirl Guest

I had this problem a few weeks ago after I first installed Zone Alarm. I thought it was the AVG anti virus that was the problem but when I posted on here and had Fax help me a bit, he advised to re-install ZA that maybe there was a bug in it. So when I did that, it was working fine until yesterday. I know I had a microsoft update yesterday, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I don't have a problem getting rid of Spybot as I have a few spyware programs already on my system.....Windows Defender, Zone Alarm, SuperAnti Spyware....3 should be a good amount I would think. I really do appreciate the assistance!!! Thanx!!!

hammernu Guest

You're welcome. I hope you figure out what the problem is. Things like like can be frustratingly difficult to diagnose.

zaswing Guest

Lattegirl,
    FREE tech support for paying members
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...ch_support.jsp
    you need to have your licence key ready to paste into the form and your email box needs to not block communication from tech support.

Spybot will interfere with ZA paid versions, but only if TeaTimer is enabled. Otherwise it's transparent. But there are better things out there now, such as SuperAntiSpyware.

Windows Defender - search this forum, I think I saw something about not compatible. Not relevant to issue at hand, anyway.

Temp internet folder is normally accessible to everyone but it belongs to a specific user. Perhaps the installer is in another user's temp folder.
    Why don't you just ditch Adobe and use Foxit instead - no problems, ever. Doesn't call home, doesn't require updates, is tiny, not like Adobe
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

If you used CCleaner between the time Adobe sent you a file and the attempt to install the Adobe thing, CCleaner most likely emptied the folder. If not, perhaps you need to play Administrator to be able to get the file working.

lattegirl Guest

Thank you for the free support information!

I do have SuperAntiSpyware on my system so I did delete the Spybot.
    I had this problem just after I installed ZA and one of the folks on this forum finally suggested I remove the ZA I had on my computer and re-install - they felt maybe there was a bug in the program. When I did that, it was working fine until the other day. I know I had a recent microsoft update to the computer but other than that, no other changes were made to the system. I think I will email tech support but I will also look into this other program you speak of to read documents. I do need to get into the temp internet folder however for other purposes.

Thank you again !!Have a great day !!

lattegirl Guest

I just wanted to let you know after speaking directly with ZA support, who were very nice by the way, said it had to do with my True Vector service. I was told to refresh the files by doing control and shift, right click on ZA and hit re-set. Then it re-started my computer and I had to go thru the set up process again. I am now able to get into the temp file folder and downloaded Adobe no problems. This is much easier than re-installing each time this may happen. I appreciate everyone's help on the board and thought you may wish to know the final outcome and maybe it may help another person who is having the same issue.

Thread Information