Thread: ZASS and Weather Channel Desktop application

candim Guest

Default ZASS and Weather Channel Desktop application

I've been running the Weather Channel desktop application on my PC for several years now and have always used ZA Pro as my firewall with no issues whatsoever--After installinig ZASS last week, the weather application loads on start-up with the current temp as of that time displayed in the system tray icon, but the temp doesn't update and I can't open the full application at all--
    I took a shot and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the weather application, but that didn't help--Any other suggestions?--
    Thanks bunches--
    Candi

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by CandiM on 03-29-2008 10:40 AM

Default Re: ZASS and Weather Channel Desktop application

Please reset the ZA database and it should get fixed.
    [*]Boot your computer into the Safe Mode[*]Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder[*]Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder[*]Clean the Recycle Bin[*]Reboot into the normal mode[*]ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

Cheers.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

lehmansterms Guest

Default Re: ZASS and Weather Channel Desktop application

Hmmmm, I'm sure that set of instructions
    means something to someone, I'm afraid I've only been using PC's for 20 or so years, and being self-taught, it might as well be an item from a chinese menu in Mandarin.
    I recently (an hour ago) installed ZA on the recommendation of another computer-using old fart like myself, and so far, so good - except my Weather Channel Desktop will not load or start.
    For a person like me, this business of going into the dark and spooky areas of the computer and deleting files of which I have no knowledge -
    from menus or folders in which they're located which
    I also
    know nothing about, nor do I know what these files
    were originally supposed to do, and if they were supposed to do something, won't deleting them adversely affect something else?
    Is there no built-in de-bugger for this system which can do this sort of thing without causing terminal anxiety on the part of a user who would be totally unable to repair anything he did wrong by mistake?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Thread Information