Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZASS 8.0.5.9 not working correctly

stealthylady Guest

Default ZASS 8.0.5.9 not working correctly

Running:
    Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1) on Acer laptop
    ZASS 8.0.5.9
    IE 7.0.6001.18000

After having problems downloading new version and access problems to Yahoo inbox, I then did a clean uninstall of ZASS and reinstalled it. This unfortunately did not solve the problem. When I go to my Yahoo Inbox I can see the subject lines of the email but when I click any subject email the browser "blinks", keeps trying to load the email and ends up with page cannot be displayed. Also, when I use ie 7 on your website none of the hyperlinks work. I have to right click link and copy shortcut then paste to address bar/enter in order to get to the page. At this moment I am using Firefox 2.0.0.17 but would rather use ie 7.0. Please, please help! It has been a couple of frustrating months with no sitelist in the previous version. Why are there repeatedly problems with Zonealarm these days? Thank you for you help in advance!!!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS 8.0.5.9 --> Check your ZA privacy control

Hi!
    the only feature that blocks websites is ZA privacy control.
    If you really had clean install of ZA then your ZA privacy control should be OFF (by default)

Go to ZA privacy control, turn OFF cookies, adblocking and mobile code.

Does it work now?

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 10-23-2008 02:31 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stealthylady Guest

What would be the point of turning off Privacy Guard - How will I know what is being blocked in order to change the settings. Everything was off except for privacy guard. Also, what is the point of having a sophisticated program if it does not work when block cookies, ads, and mobile code. I was happy to see the sitelist on the upgrade but what's the point if I can't effectively use it?

stealthylady Guest

Everything is off and I can get to email, BUT this needs to be short term and temporary. When is this going to be fixed so that I and others can USE the FULL version of ZASS???

Hi!
    privacy guard? I am not aware of such protection.

ZA privacy control need to be tuned and set to work with sites, it is quite straightforward but not easy for first time users...

See the link below to learn how to customise ZA privacy control:
    http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.html

Alternatively you can download the user manual:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ser_manual.pdf

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

stealthylady Guest

NO Fax this does not help.

I know how to use the settings very well, thank you.

Are you saying I can use the settings, that is BLOCK cookies, private headers, ads, mobile code and will not have problems with ZASS?

stealthylady Guest

Fax,

Can I use http://noscript.net/ in the FireFox browser without having problems with ZASS?

<blockquote><hr>stealthylady wrote:
    NO Fax this does not help.

I know how to use the settings very well, thank you.

Are you saying I can use the settings, that is BLOCK cookies, private headers, ads, mobile code and will not have problems with ZASS?
    <hr></blockquote>

What does not help? Not clear...

Lets start again
    Some sites will simply not work if they detected that elements of their loading are stripped out.
    For example, some sites will not work if they will not find the relevant cookies in your system.

For the above case you will need to customise the ZA privacy control to ALLOW elements in the web site to ALLOW the web site to display correctly. This apply not only to cookies but to other elements within a page.

Is it clearer now?

No script? No script will simply block everything... with ZA privacy control you can customise the control for each web page you visit allowing or blocking at your will any element.
    I don't use FF or no script currently so I am not in the position to tell if no script will work with ZA.

Cheers,
    Fax

stealthylady Guest

Fax,

Can I turn ON Block for Cookies, Ads, Mobile code by default? Then unblock for a particular website.

If privacy Advisor is turned off, how will I know what sites to change settings for? Privacy Advisor lets me know of secondary or third party addresses that need permissions also in order to load correctly.

Thank you

Hi!
    yes, you can but if you turn ON all will mean that each and every site will have to be customized since 90% of website uses script or mobile code to work and will display wrongly...

You can still survive with cookies and adblocking but putting also mobile code will make your day very busy
    You need privacy advisor ON to make the customisation...

Why not instead set ZA privacy at a minimum and customise only the site that you want to limit with full set of blocks?

Cheers,
    Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information