Thread: Different programs Accessing Internet VIA Firefox... when denied, Firefox ITSELF stops working.

vinj Guest

Default Different programs Accessing Internet VIA Firefox... when denied, Firefox ITSELF stops working.

hi

im trying out ZA security Suite 7.0.483 and am using firefox.

on its own the firewall and firefox work just fine.
    when im using firefox and I invoke other programs( programs like pdffactory which are known clean sofwares)... I get an alert that some of the pdffactory DLLs are trying to access the internet through firefox.

That didnt seem right so i denied it and after that Firefox itself stopped accessing the internet, which was working just fine before that alert.

so denying access to a non-firefox-dll which is trying to access internet through firefox causes nonaccessability for firefox.

should a dll that is not associated with firefox be able to do so?

please help.

Ive updated the security suite antivirus and spyware and thoroughly tested the drive.
    Ive installed the latest win XP patches from microsoft
    Ive scanned my drive with online antiviral tools like housecall (just because of this)

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Different programs Accessing Internet VIA Firefox... when denied, Firefox ITSELF stops working.

Open the program section of the ZA, then open the components and give the .dlls in question green checks (remove the red X's).

These .dlls not associated with the Firefox most certainly are involved with the browser and the connections.
    Ever try opening a .pdf document through a link in a page seen in the Firefox? Ever wonder how this works - not just the PDF reader is involved, but also ot's correct .dlls are involved.
    Numerous window dlls and other associated programs's dlls are involved in every internet connections made by the Firefox - media players, java, etc. It is not a simple situation where the firefox.exe is using the internet - but everything associated with that browser and this includes a lot of the OS files and other programs the firefox is using.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information