Thread: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8.0.059.000 locks computer completely!

saavik Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8.0.059.000 locks computer completely!

Go to a site such as amazon.com or (more recently)
    peta.org.
    If Banner/Skyscraper ads and/or Pop-up/Pop-under is checked (i.e., to block), ZAISS will lock IE7/Windows so completely, that only a hard-boot will get you back your computer.
    Please save your other work first!
    Unless I am missing something, this may be a bug in ZAISS.
    If
    a Banner/Skyscraper
    and/or Pop-up/Pop-under ad is found on a page, ZAISS is supposed to do one of the selected actions under Ad Void Control.
    But for me, it does not.
    It completely locks the computer.
    By the way, this situation is true on my desktop and laptop (both are running ZAISS 8.0.059.000 under Windows XP SP3.
    If ZAISS is not active, I can access any site.
    Obviously, in this day and age, this is not an option.
    Help would be much appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8.0.059.000 locks computer completely!

HI!please report the issue to ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

caclone Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8.0.059.000 locks computer completely!

I have the same issue if I use either Firefox 3 or IE7.
    Has there been any communication on this subject as to how to correct this????
    I also wrote ZA.
    On a second computer within the same network, same ver.of ZASS, I do not have the same problem.
    In fact, I can connect to that website on this 2nd unit that I can not connect to on the
    1st unit.
    One difference between these units is the OS....................unit one has WinXP Media ED and the 2nd unit has WinXP Pro

Message Edited by caclone on 11-28-2008 11:54 AM

Thread Information