Thread: Zonelarm Tray Icon Missing, Cant Access Zonealarm Program, Internet Explorer wont work

chiefswon Guest

Default Zonelarm Tray Icon Missing, Cant Access Zonealarm Program, Internet Explorer wont work

Windows XP SP3 HomeInternet Explorer 6 SP3AVG Free 8.0.0.200Adaware Free 7.1Spinach Antispyware 1.58Zone Alarm Free 7.0.483.000
    I'm having the following problem with Zonealarm.
    1) The system tray Icon has disappeared2) I can't acces the Zonealarm program through Start - All Programs3) I can't access the internet with Internet Explorer4) However I can access the internet with Outlook Express5) In "Windows Security Centre" it says Zonealarm Firewall is currently ON6) I tried removing Zonealarm through Control panel and a message comes up "TrueVector Internet Monitor was not uninstalled", so it won't uninstall.7) I've tryed a System Restore which didn't do anything so I restored it back.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Gary

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Zonelarm Tray Icon Missing, Cant Access Zonealarm Program, Internet Explorer wont work

Uninstall the ZA.
    Start the windows in the safe boot.
    Double click the zauninst.exe (found in the Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm folder.
    Now do the uninstall and follow it through - and do the compulsory reboot.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

chiefswon Guest

Default Re: Zonelarm Tray Icon Missing, Cant Access Zonealarm Program, Internet Explorer wont work

Thanks Oldsod. Worked a treat.

You are welcome chiefswon.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information