Thread: Bigpond Music Download Manager and ZoneAlarm

linke Guest

Default Bigpond Music Download Manager and ZoneAlarm

Just joined Bigpond Music (Stop laughing that was probably our mistake) and tried to download purchased music files, the download manager started the download and then after several minutes failed for each of 13 tracks purchased. One track could be retried so I tried various things with ZoneAlarm to rule out a firewall issue, although there were no messages in any ZA log file to suggest this to be the case.

Finally I shutdown ZoneAlarm and successfully downloaded the file that could be retried.

I then called and waited for a friendly Bigpond Consultant to answer the phone and he very helpfully told me that I would need to shutdown ZA every time I downloaded music as it was an incompatibility between the Bigpond Music Download Manager and ZA and it was ZA's fault not Bigponds.

I'm sure there is something that can be done to configure ZA around the download managers faults but Bigpond have no helpful advice. Anyone else silly enough to have used Bigpond Music downloads with ZA and got it working?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Bigpond Music Download Manager and ZoneAlarm

<blockquote><hr>linke wrote:
    Just joined Bigpond Music (Stop laughing that was probably our mistake) and tried to download purchased music files, the download manager started the download and then after several minutes failed for each of 13 tracks purchased. One track could be retried so I tried various things with ZoneAlarm to rule out a firewall issue, although there were no messages in any ZA log file to suggest this to be the case.

Finally I shutdown ZoneAlarm and successfully downloaded the file that could be retried.

I then called and waited for a friendly Bigpond Consultant to answer the phone and he very helpfully told me that I would need to shutdown ZA every time I downloaded music as it was an incompatibility between the Bigpond Music Download Manager and ZA and it was ZA's fault not Bigponds.

I'm sure there is something that can be done to configure ZA around the download managers faults but Bigpond have no helpful advice. Anyone else silly enough to have used Bigpond Music downloads with ZA and got it working?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>
    linke,
    Giving as much detail as possible, have you reported this to technical support?
    https://www.zonealarm.com/store/cont...ch_support.jspIf you are not already aware, it is recommended to use internet explorer browser when submitting form to technical support; and you should get an email acknowledgement with a case number back fairly quickly - if this doesn't happen then it did not get properly submitted to technical or it ended up in your spam filter file.
    If you do submit your problem to technical, please post back any response and help other users in this forum who may share the same problem and are seeking a solution.
    Regards,Findley

Thread Information