Thread: Access Issues

rosie_posie Guest

Default Access Issues

I am not too computer literate. So my husband installed Zone Alarm on my computer. He is also not too computer literate, either. Ever since he did this, I have not been able to access the internet. It doesn't connect to Windows so I cannot check my email. It says Internet Explorer can't be displayed right now. I was able to go to morningcall.com and wfmz.com, but since the installation...nothing. It also takes about 15 minutes-20 minutes to boot up. It is a brand new computer and has never taken this long. Do you think Zone Alarm may be the problem?
    My husband refuses to help me so I am even unsure of the product name, operating system, and the software version.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Access Issues

Hi!running any other security tool on your system? Please note that ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, AVG, NOD, and manyothers. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZASS is working as it should.You should remove ZA following the instruction below:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html**take note of your license since it will be wiped out. Also double check to remove the folders mentioned at the end of the document.Clean your system and registry with ccleaner.comhttp://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds/downloadbinslimRe-download the ZA installerwww.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/ Install with default settings do NOT alter them. After re-boot go to ZA antivirus/antispyware and 'Update Now' Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rosie_posie Guest

Dear Fax,

You seem to have an understanding of the computer and how it works.
    I live in Bethlehem, PA.
    Are you local?
    I would like to call you and have you walk me through this.
    I've uninstalled Norton.
    No improvements yet.
    I know you wrote it simple, but I am afaid to do it myself.

Hi!unfortunately I cannot call you nor give my details.Also run the norton removal tool to be sure all left overs from Norton are removed from your system.http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039Its very easy just follow instruction on screen.If you don't feel confortable you can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information