Thread: Problems Accessing Some Web Sites

kjjarvis Guest

Default Problems Accessing Some Web Sites

Lately, I have had a problem with Zone Alarm Pro not letting me access web sites that require a user name & password. For example, when I sign into my web mail, I get an error code of 503. Unless I shut ZA pro down, I have to keep logging in if I want to report & delete spam, add an email address to my safe list, read a message online etc. There are other web sites that I have to do the same thing with. I am a member of an online discussion board & if I want to read what my friends have written or reply to them, I have to shut ZA pro down or it won't let me sign in. Sometimes I have the problem when I first turn the computer on & other times I only have the problem if the computer has been on & then shut down or restarted. All of these web sites are in my trusted zone & have been for several years. I just started having this problem in Feb. of this year. I need to renew my subscription to Zone Alarm Pro, but if I'm going to keep having these problems, I'm not going to waste my $40. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Problems Accessing Some Web Sites

Hi!most probably is the ZA privacy control... have you tried to completely turned it OFF?ZA privacy control --> Main --> Turn OFF cookies, adblocking and mobile control.Does it work now?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kjjarvis Guest

It works now, but I'm stuck with pop up/under ads which I really hate. I don't understand why I'm having this problem all of a sudden. My settings have been the same for years but this problem just started last month. If I do renew Zone Alarm Pro, do you think a clean install would help the problem?

Thank you.

Hi!which version are you using ? 8.0.XXX.000 ???ZA privacy control never worked well anyway... not worth renew if you use ZA only for this feature.You can use IE7pro for IE or adblocking and no script for firefox.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information