Thread: Problems with latest version-IE disconnect(not IM),long time to restart & turn off computer

wypwong Guest

Default Problems with latest version-IE disconnect(not IM),long time to restart & turn off computer

Hi
    After I installed the latest version of ZoneAlarm, I have been experiencing a couple of problems.
    1)
    After a certain
    period of time, internet access is discontinued via IE or any other browers , but still be able to chat via any IM (like googletalk, msn).
    If I've got gmail open (before the disconnect) in IE, I would still be able to view and send email out.
    2)
    It takes much longer to restart and turn off the computer, sometimes it can take a few minutes.
    I have already try uninstalled and re-installed the program, but it doesn't seems to improve anything

System:Windows Vista Business SP1Internet Explorer 7ZoneAlarm 8.0.298
    Thanks.
    P

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

kbenoit Guest

Default Re: Problems with latest version-IE disconnect(not IM),long time to restart & turn off computer

Yes, I've been having a similar problem with my computer taking considerably longer than 10 minutes to start up after installing this newer version of ZoneAlarm. Sometimes it doesn't even fully start up.
    If it does, it takes IE forever to load. What to do?

thunderfall Guest

Default Re: Problems with latest version-IE disconnect(not IM),long time to restart & turn off computer

I also had the exact same problem and uninstalled ZoneAlarm today. I am using Windows Firewall now and no longer have any internet connection problem, so the problem was definitely caused by Zone Alarm.

-- Internet works fine after computer starts up. However, after 10 or 15 minutes, internet connection problem appears. I can still use Skype or IM, just can't connect to internet using FireFox or IE.-- This can only be fixed by computer restart.-- The problem also caused much longer time to shut down or log off the computer.--
    I tried using both the free ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarm, and both have the same problem.
    Hopefully they fix this problem soon. It really makes it impossible to use. If you have the same problem, I recommend uninstalling ZA for now, until they come out with a fix.

wypwong Guest

I uninstalled the program soon after I posted the message yesterday, because it is quite annoying to restart the computer so often to get internet access.
    Like you said it's working fine now, we will have to wait for a new fix.

P

Thread Information