Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unable to receive mail from my ISP in Lotus Notes or Outlook

  1. #1
    cindypd Guest

    Default Unable to receive mail from my ISP in Lotus Notes or Outlook

    All of a sudden, 2 days ago, my mail was no longer being downloaded to my Lotus Notes Inbox. I can send mail but not receive it. When I called my ISP, he did some trouble shooting but could not fix it. He said that he thought that Port 110 for POP3 was being blocked & it was out of his scope to unblock it. I have no idea how this happened and the only thing I did over the past several days is update & run AVG which scans for viruses & has nothing to do with ports. I don't even know where to begin to look. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

  2. #2
    zaswing Guest

    Default Re: Unable to receive mail from my ISP in Lotus Notes or Outlook

    The mail worked correctly before 2 days?
    To see if the tech was correct, look in the Alerts tab and see if ZA blocked those ports (25, 100). And/or look at c:\windows\internet logs\ZAlog.txt, possible with a date imbedded in the filename. If nothing in the logs then find a place in ZA where it allows you to set the logging on and do it at High level so everything gets logged. Then try the mail again.

    What is your setting for Outlook on the Programs list - is SendMail included?
    Ditto for Lotus Notes.

    Perhaps the ZA database got somehow corrupted.
    You can fix it as follows -
    Hold Ctrl-Shift and then right click the Z icon.
    There will be a menu one of which is reset the database or similar wording.
    It'll ask to reboot, and also you will need to do few more settings from scratch.

  3. #3
    cindypd Guest

    Default Re: Unable to receive mail from my ISP in Lotus Notes or Outlook

    Thanks for your response. After a huge amount of testing & trial & error, it turns out that it was AVG Free that somehow causd the problem. I had forgotten that I did an update of AVG because of that April 1 virus threat. Then I ran a scan. It was after that my incoming mail stopped working. After uninstalling AVG & then reinstalling it, everything is now fine. Thanks again. I now need to tell AVG folks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •