Thread: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security: browsers (Firefox and Internet Explorer) do not start up properly

omnivorist Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Extreme Security: browsers (Firefox and Internet Explorer) do not start up properly

I am a long-term and satisfied user of the free version of Zonealarm.
    Yesterday I purchased a license for ZA Extreme Security in order to include Anti-Virus and Browser protection but found that I was no longer able to use FireFox or Interenet Explorer.
    I searched various forums and threads for info on this (on a different PC) and saw that this is a long-running issue.
    I have tried the advice about removing the FireFox entry from the propgram list, restarting ZA etc etc. but to no effect.
    I finally have things working again by turning off browser security altogether - but this isn't all that satisfactory.
    I guess a a bit more experimentation will reveal which particular settings are causing the problem.
    All the same, it would be good to have a clear answer on this. I am not prepared to dedicate hours of my time to fault analysis on a product I have paid money for.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security: browsers (Firefox and Internet Explorer) do not start up properly

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>omnivorist wrote:
    it would be good to have a clear answer on this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi! ... then you should contact the ZA technical support directly: www.zonealarm.com/tsform No ZA staff here, only users.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information