Thread: Just installed ZASS and cannot connect to HP 7200 wireless printer

mynameiskobi Guest

Default Just installed ZASS and cannot connect to HP 7200 wireless printer

Hi,
    I've just installed ZASS 2009 v 8.0 and now I cannot connect to my HP Photosmart C7200 wireless printer and print.
    I've self-tested the printer and it works
    ok and now the same problem
    is replicated on another home laptop.
    I've added the printer IP address to the trusted zone and enabled all HP programs in Program Control. The trusted zone security is set to medium.
    Please can someone help.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Just installed ZASS and cannot connect to HP 7200 wireless printer

You can Contact ZoneAlarm Tech Support Directly for Free with a Valid License Key..
    Please give them the Full Details of your Problems and what other Security programs you have installed..
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...pport-form.htm
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982262524
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5715
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------

kcalpine Guest

Did you ever get a response? I'm having pretty much the exact same problem.

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>KCAlpine wrote:
    Did you ever get a response? I'm having pretty much the exact same problem.
    <hr></blockquote>I used the RED Seach box on the Top Left.. to find the solution for you..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=54162

---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982676262
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5755
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------

kcalpine Guest

Nope.

Added all of the sub-directories in the &quot;c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\&qu ot; directory in the exceptions list (the referenced article would be more useful with a bit more detail on exactly how to do it BTW). Yes, I put backslashes on the end of the directory names, yes my &quot;Trusted&quot; zone is set to &quot;Medium.&quot; Yes, the IP address of my printer is in the &quot;Trusted&quot; zone.

When I try to print, the printer &quot;wakes up&quot; and the data light flashes, but the data transfer seems to be very very very slow such that the print job eventually times out.

Yes, I've re-booted my machine - several times.

Still doesn't work. Very frustrating.

kcalpine Guest

Oh and by the way, I *tried* the RED search box and got dozens of hits, most of which had no replies or things that I'd already tried. Thanks for uncovering the needle in the haystack for me (though that didn't work either).

kcalpine Guest

This doesn't work either. When I click the &quot;Submit&quot; button, (yes I've entered all the required data), it sends me to some apparently random, unrelated page on the website.

I've been very happy with ZoneAlarm for many years, but this is a very frustrating experience. I delayed and delayed upgrading to 8.0 because of this very issue (and having to go through the pain un-&quot;upgrading&quot; when it first came out in order to get my printer working again). I figured that they must have gotten it straightened out by now. Apparently not. Grrrrrrrr.....

prof_fate Guest

Have you checked with HP.com for any Printer Driver Update for your model printer?
    I am just a user here in this ZA User Forum..
    If your ZA License is not expired you can contact Tech Support directly at.. http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...pport-form.htm
    Let us know what you find out..
    it might help other HP Printer Users..

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>KCAlpine wrote:
    This doesn't work either. When I click the &quot;Submit&quot; button, (yes I've entered all the required data), it sends me to some apparently random, unrelated page on the website.

I've been very happy with ZoneAlarm for many years, but this is a very frustrating experience. I delayed and delayed upgrading to 8.0 because of this very issue (and having to go through the pain un-&quot;upgrading&quot; when it first came out in order to get my printer working again). I figured that they must have gotten it straightened out by now. Apparently not. Grrrrrrrr.....
    <hr></blockquote>The Submit Button on Tech support form works best with IE Browser..
    Here is another Tech Support Link from the Support page..
    Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Message Edited by Prof_Fate on 04-19-2009 02:21 PM

kcalpine Guest

Gosh, too bad I work from 7:30 - 6:30 everyday. Thanks anyway though.

Thread Information