Thread: Zonealarm Password

bigmo Guest

Default Zonealarm Password

Unfortuneatley, I have fogotten the Zonealarm password.

Short of deleting the software from the computer, (can't uninstall - no password) is there anything else I can do?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zonealarm Password

If you have a password problem or can't remember your password, the ONLY way to remove a ZoneAlarm password that is forgotten, corrupted, or will not work is to remove the database files associated with TrueVector, as follows:

Please note that this will remove your program permissions and Trusted Zone settings (so you may want to make note of them, or make a backup in version 4 or later).
    Reboot your system into either Safe Mode or to a Command Prompt. The method is determined by your OS, but most systems will boot into Safe Mode by either pressing F8 at the beep or holding the CTRL key during boot-up.
    For more information on rebooting your specific system in Safe Mode, click Start, then Help. Click the Search tab, and type in Safe Mode. Double-click Start Windows in Safe Mode for the instructions. Open the Internet Logs directory (in 9x/ME this will be c:\windows\internet logs , in NT/2000 it will be c:\winnt\internet logs, in Windows XP it could be either of these folders).
    Delete all files that have the extensions .RDB, .LDB, or TMP.
    Empty your Recycle Bin.
    REBOOT

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

jahman Guest

I tried the above suggestion after loosing my password, and it did not work. I even tried deleted the entire folder, with a secure deletion program (overwrites the files/folder with random info), still no luck. That password is stored somewhere else in my version of ZoneAlarm. I've done everything down to attempting to manually delete all traces of ZoneAlarm off my computer. After trying this, I reinstalled it and it still asks for a password.
    As it is, I paid $$ for the services I can't use because I can't figure out any other way around the password features. Are there any other suggestions?
    Version: ZoneAlarm Extreme SecurityOS: Windows XP Home Edition

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>Jahman wrote:
    I tried the above suggestion after loosing my password, and it did not work. I even tried deleted the entire folder, with a secure deletion program (overwrites the files/folder with random info), still no luck. That password is stored somewhere else in my version of ZoneAlarm. I've done everything down to attempting to manually delete all traces of ZoneAlarm off my computer. After trying this, I reinstalled it and it still asks for a password.
    As it is, I paid $$ for the services I can't use because I can't figure out any other way around the password features. Are there any other suggestions?
    Version: ZoneAlarm Extreme SecurityOS: Windows XP Home Edition
    <hr></blockquote>Sorry that you chose to use a Password to protect your ZoneAlarm setting and Forgot your password.
    1.) You are Responcible for setting a Password and chosing one you can Remember, but not so easy that a Hacker could figure out..
    2.) Checkpoint is not at fault because you forgot your password..
    3.) IF it were Easy to Over-ride or Remove the Password without knowing what it was, then there would be no purpose for having a password..
    4.) If what Guru Oldsod suggested did not work, then A FULL
    Complete Uninstall is needed..

Here is the ZA Tech Support Page for Uninstall and Cleaning your Registry of all Remnants of ZoneAlarm..
    http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...mp;action=view
    Post back here with progress Report..
    as a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules,
    ask each User toPlease start
    their own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.

This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem,
    When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..

---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982352184
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5725
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by Prof_Fate on 04-14-2009 10:26 AM

jahman Guest

Sorry, I never meant to come across as passing the blame to Checkpoint for my faults. I did message them to suggest that they implement a way to reset the password, for instance with a burned disc or something. But of course you are right, what's the point when it makes it that much more vulnerable.

Thanks, the complete uninstall instructions worked great, and I'm enjoying a secure computer again after reinstalling.

And I'm also sorry about not following posting rules, I should have known better before posting.

prof_fate Guest

Thank you for taking the time to report back on your progress..
    I am glad the Re-install worked for you..
    now would be a good time to makes a full System backup of your computer..

Thread Information