Thread: All Outbound Traffic Blocked in Vista, on High Internet security Zone

poppinj Guest

Default All Outbound Traffic Blocked in Vista, on High Internet security Zone

So I originaly had this same problem with the free version. I now have the Internet security zone but after installing it I still have the same issue. I purchased it hoping it would work, and if not that I could get customer support. Is there no e-mail technical support for the purchased products?

Anyways, the problem occurs when the Internet security zone is set to high. If it is then I get no internet connectivity at all. If I reduce the setting to med, then I can access the internet just fine. After checking the alerts and logs I see that a ton of medium alerts that all look like this:
    Medium/date time/firewall/TCP (flags:S)/Source IP/Destination IP/outgoing/blcoked/... /personal policy/extblockall2

So I dont know what the different policies or rules are but they seem to be the problem. It indicates under policy that its "Personal Policy" and under the rule tab they all say "ExtBockAll2"

Not sure if this is the problem but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version 8.0.298.035
    TrueVector Security engine version 8.0.298.035
    Driver version 8.0.298.035

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: All Outbound Traffic Blocked in Vista, on High Internet security Zone

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It looks like your Have Corrupted your Installed ZA files..The simplest procedure is to :1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) (MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --> Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeSave to desktop, right click and "run as administrator"This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions.
    (you can un-install without net connections)5.) Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAX issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...====================================This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notRead or Monitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Live Chat mode : http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htmCustomer Service www.zonealarm.com/csformZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:985168792
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.5955
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Computer WinXP SP3 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    3rd Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.298.035

ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 6th, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

poppinj Guest

Default Re: All Outbound Traffic Blocked in Vista, on High Internet security Zone

Ok, I did all of this. I ran the uninstaller to remove zone alarm. I upgraded vista to SP2. I have no other anti virus programs installed on the computer. I re downloaded the installer and installed zone alarm. I still have the exact same problem. No outbound traffic is making it out when it is set to high.

My apologies!Please Contact ZoneAlarm Tech Support directly with full details of your problem, Free of charge with your ZA License Key..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notRead or Monitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Live Chat mode : http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htmCustomer Service www.zonealarm.com/csformZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform=============================Please post back here with your progress report if you find a Solution acter contacting Tech Support..Thank you..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

shawn hughes Guest

Thumbs down Re: All Outbound Traffic Blocked in Vista, on High Internet security Zone

Dont feel bad.

I've been trying for over three weeks now to fix my girlfriends' firewall issues to no avail, as well.

They can't seem to understand what the problem is here.

She WANTS to keep her dialup software platform.
    I want her to keep using za free. I have it installed on around 25 computers, and its' what I'm most familiar with. I don't want to have to learn an entire other firewall just for her.

Vista isn't the issue. I only use XP pro on all my installs. It doesn't work on XP / Home, or XP / Pro.

Here is what I've learned for the others who may find this place googling wal-mart connect:

Wal-mart connect doesn't really exist anymore. There isn't anyplace to get the software. I think they got bought out by AOL, who got bought out by netscape, or vice versa.

what this means to you and me is that you can't use the AOL or netscape dialup software client platform. You have an input box for your email, but it provides "@netscape.com". You can't change it, therefore, you can't log in using the dialup client software.

ZA free release 9 doesn't like WMC dialup at ALL.

It blocks communications after the dialup software client makes the connection. A rule called extblockall2 is the culprit.

You can force it to allow every IP it blocks to connect, but that doesn't solve the problem far as I can tell.

I think the only way to fix it requires the use of the expert button, which doesn't exist on the free version.

I also found by reading the ZA pro release 7 user manual, that it blocks AOL traffic on port 5190. There doesn't appear to be a way to unblock this on the free version.

ZA will not help you.

You can't use chat. ZA free isn't listed.
    You can call where they'll remote connect to your computer and fix it allegedly, but that is 50 dollars and doesn't explicitly say they service za free.

That's where I am at.

-Shawn

shawn hughes Guest

I forgot.

The canned help sections at both ZA, netscape say the answer is to turn ZA off. That's not the least bit helpful, although it does work.

-Shawn

Thread Information