Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest update causing block to Internet acess

hanging Guest

Default Latest update causing block to Internet acess

Since I installed the latest update (6-17-09), I am now having a "no conductivity" icon showing I am not connected to the Internet. When one prompt came up as I was trying to "repair" I did not have time to allow it, so I had to turn the ZAP off and then try once again.

This time I was successful. PLEASE PROVIDE HELP WITH THIS ISSUE AS I HAVE HAD IT OCCUR TWO DAYS IN A ROW AND I AM DESPERATE.

Thank you.

Hanging.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

hanging Guest

Default Re: Latest update causing block to Internet acess

CORRECTION - - - "No connectivity", not "no conductivity". Apologies.

Hanging

Hi!you may want to read here:I'm having trouble with my Internet connection while ZA is running orcontact directly ZA technical support live chat to get assistance, link in my signature.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-25-2009 06:54 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hanging Guest

Fax, I read your message which had two links and I contacted Zone "Live Chat" directly and they referenced the "reset" directions that I used previously with the other problem. I am afraid that the other reference is far above my head. I do not know what to do at this point in time since the only way I can access the Internet is to turn the ZAP off. Have very little time to work with this issue which compounds the problem.

Thank you for your efforts to assist me. They are sincerely appreciated.

hanging Guest

Fax, I thought I would try once more, so I did a restart, and immediately logged into ZAP using my password so I could be prepared if a "prompt" came up. When I clicked on one of the browsers (FF is my default), it opened up without any problem. So apparently this new update is being selective about allowing the connection to the Internet. I am more confused than ever now since the ZAP was running and I was able to connect. I think I shall remove the password (if possible) to allow immediate access to the ZAP if it should come up with a prompt.

Very strange behavior and I simply do not understand it at all. Thank you again for your help, "fax".

Hanging

Hi!honestly I have no idea on what is the problem and I do not really understand the issue.Unless there are other users here that understood your problem, you should go back to ZA live chat and report that the solution did not resolve the lock.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hanging Guest

The problem is that I was getting an icon on the tool bar showing "no connectivity". When I R Clicked on that it said click "repair" and when I did, it would not "repair" because apparently ZAP was somehow blocking it. When I shut ZAP down, I was able to access the Internet.

The statement above indicated "your IP address has been removed, click here to repair". So basically something was apparently wiping out my IP address. I know this is really crazy!! To try to find a tech that could even delve into the reason for this is beyond me. The first time I contacted my ISP and the tech walked me through a "run", "cmd" process which restored my connection and I thought that would resolve the issue, however it did not.

Now when I boot up, I immediately open ZAP (which shows in the tool bar immediately) and it appears that there is no problem connecting to the Internet. I am completely baffled by this sudden appearance of a new problem with this latest update. I almost wish I could revert to the older version where I did not have these types of problems.

Once again, thank you, "fax" for all of your help!

Hanging

hanging Guest

Fax, I just posted a new message about "SAFE" programs for the Internet. I am questioning "Spooler SubSystem App." specifically. It had all green except for the last two and when I made it all green except for e-mail, there was no block.

However this problem seems to have "no one solution" and is not consistent in its blocking of my IP address so I do not feel SECURE in allowing this program to have complete access except for e-mail. Please advise.

Thank you.

Hanging

hanging Guest

I am again being blocked from Internet access. I do not know what to do. There is only one more possibility I can think of and that is:

Are all of the WMI programs SAFE???? I read somewhere that they can cause problems, but I do not even know what they are. PLEASE let me know.

If this nightmare continues, I may have to cancel my subscription. I just do not have the time to deal with having to do a "reset" once again and trying to figure out what is causing the problems. There is even one "system" program that shows the 3 green bars, but has RED XXXXXX's across everything. This does not appear to make sense. The one I am referring to is "smss", Windows NT Session Manager. Since it says "system" I have not tried to change anything.

I am completely baffled by this one, as well as to what the exact cause of the root problem is with the Internet being blocked part of the time but not all of the time. I am beginning to wonder if some of the latest MS patches may have had something to do with this.

Any and all advice at this point in time would be very much appreciated. I just don't know if I can go through another "reset" procedure.

Very, very weary,
    Hanging

hanging Guest

One last question, "fax". Should I just have ?? in the 2 accesses in the programs for "SERVER" (The "trusted" and Internet&quot? The e-mail normally should have the RED X on it, right? In the past I have always had the RED X's on all of the programs I did not know what they were.

Please provide some guidance on this as in the past I have never had a problem with having the "SERVER" rights blocked. I do not have a clue as to what all of these programs are and which ones may not be safe. It is a very insecure feeling to not know which are safe and which may not be.

Any guidance will be most appreciated. This problem is driving me crazy.

Hanging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information