Thread: Ohio DNR site will not load

cdstorm Guest

Default Ohio DNR site will not load

Why must I disable the ZoneAlarm Security Suite before I can access the Ohio Department of Natural Resources web site? Please, no deep technical response. Just what to do. BTW, ODNR says the problem is not theirs.

Thank you,
    Lynn Frock

Default Re: Ohio DNR site will not load

Hi!works fine here...Have you tried to turn OFF completely the main ZA privacy control (cookies, adblocking and mobile code)This is the only feature that can conflict with website in ZACheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mikec1995 Guest

I have the same issue with Ohio DNR site. And my friends that use zonealarm and want to access the Ohio DNR site have the same issue. And it's more than one version of zone alarm that has this issue.

So Fax, do you personally just not use privacy control? Do you have it turned off at the Main level for all your browsing? Are you not concerned with cookies and the information they allow outsiders privvy to? Why doesn't zonealarm allow me to turn privacy control off at the host/ip address level? Zass says I can do it but it doesn't work at all at that level.

So cdstorm, either turn off a feature that is a pretty important selling point for zonealarm or just turn zonealarm off altogether seems to be the best answer available.

~~snip this is a not board for commercial annoucements. Please avoid this type of comments or the thread will be closed. Thank you.
    Last edited by fax; August 7th, 2009 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec1995 View Post
    So Fax, do you personally just not use privacy control?
    No, I am using ZA Extreme, you have ForceField been replacing the control of active content (activeX, javascripts, etc.). ZA privacy control will likely be removed on all ZA products, it is creating more problems than benefits and it is based on old technology. You can use directly your browser to control cookies and browsers add-on to control active content (noscripy, IE7PRO, etc.), no need of ZA.

Cheers,
    Fax
    P.S. The software you mentioned does not have cookies control, for this reason has no problems

mikec1995 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    ZA privacy control will likely be removed on all ZA products, it is creating more problems than benefits and it is based on old technology. You can use directly your browser to control cookies and browsers add-on to control active content (noscripy, IE7PRO, etc.), no need of ZA.
    Fax,

This is a much better explanation than you originally provided back in January. I'll be looking for the absence of privacy control in the next (?) program update of zass. Until then, thanks for the info. I'll pass this reasonable workaround on to those of us that have problems with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources web site.

Mike C.

You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information