I'm posting this to hopefully save someone else the many hours of grief I've just been through.
There is apparently an incompatibility if you have Logitech QuickCam software installed along with ZASS 7.0 (more specifically, with the Kaspersky engine that is now part of ZASS 7.0).
At some point after booting (sometimes within a few minutes or even several hours later), the system starts getting memory errors.
Every time you open any new program you'll get a popup with "The instruction at "0x7c8edf9c" referenced memory at "0x7c8edf9c". The memory could not be "written".
You may also get a second popup from DRWWIN, which is Microsoft's Dr. Watson debugging tool.
Eventually you will have to reboot because nothing will work anymore.

The problem occurs whenever Logitech's ProcMon process is running (c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe).
This gets installed with the QuickCam software, and is automatically started up when you boot.
I have the Logitech Communicate STX, but understand this also applies to most other QuickCam models.
The workaround is to be sure this process never runs.
First, go into Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services and find the 'LVSrvLauncher service.
Right-click, open its properties, and change the Startup Type to 'Disabled'.
That will ensure that it won't be loaded at boot time.
Be aware, however,
that this process is also started up if you invoke the 'Logitech QuickCam' application (usually a desktop icon).
So in the ZASS Program Control / Programs tab, I've changed the trust level for "Logitech LVPrcSrv Module" from 'super' to 'kill' -- meaning it will never be allowed to start.
I haven't completely figured out how lack of this process impacts use of the QuickCam, but my understanding is that the camera will still work fine when called from other applications.
It's only Logitech's own app that uses this process.
All I know for sure is that I haven't had a single memory problem as long as LVPrcSrv is not running.
FYI, I finally discovered this information from an August 2006 posting on the Kaspersky user forum - see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversi...hp/t20500.html
Hope this helps some of you - and at least now it's archived here for future reference!

Rob

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Software Version:7.0