I just upgraded from XP-Media to VISTA Ultimate. Everything worked great EXCEPT ZoneAlarm 2007. Even though box said it is Vista Ready, it ain't, and per the website it won't be for months. So I tried to install a free 90 day trial of MS OneCare, at least until I decided what to switch to, but it wouldn't install since ZoneAlarm was installed, nasty Catch-22. But ZoneAlarm would not uninstall.
So if you are planning on upgrading from XP to Vista either do a clean install, instead of upgrade mode, or uninstall ZoneAlarm before you install Vista
BUT, if you already upgraded from XP to Vista, I figured out how to uninstall it...
And that is how you uninstall ZoneAlarm from Vista after an upgrade.
- Go to start, all programs, scroll down until you find ZoneAlarm click on that then right click on ZoneAlarm uninstall.
- Click on properties from the menu.
- Click on COMPATIBILITY tab.
- Check box for run in compatibility mode, and choose XP, serrvicepack 2.
- Click OK then get out of there.
- Hit your windows key and the "r" key at the same time.
- Run box comes up and type in services.msc then hit OK.
- Services panel comes up and look for "True Vector Internet Monitor" double click on that.
- Panel comes up, and in the general tab change the startup type to disabled, click ok then close out of services panel.
- Open Task manager and under processes end process for all instances of vsmon.exe and leave task manager open.
- Go back to start, all programs, zonealarm, and click on uninstall zonealarm, it will then come up with a panel that says verifying permission to uninstall zonealarm. This part will take a while, almost 15 minutes for me, during this time task manager might show that zonealarm uninstall is not responding, JUST BE PATIENT. Finally, it will come up with a do you really want to uninstall question. Before you say yes, check processes on task manager to make sure vsmon.exe is NOT running, end it if it is.
- Finally click yes to uninstall and it should be removed, but you will have to reboot after the uninstall to completely clean.
Operating System:Windows Vista
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite