Thread: vsdatant.sys bsod

maudit Guest

Default vsdatant.sys bsod

my pc often crash into a bsod caused by vsdatant.sys apparently without reason.
    i am free of any spyware.
    i got the last ZA version.
    i tried to reinstall it but the problem persist.
    i need to wait for another version?
    thanks in advance for help

evensteven Guest

Default Re: vsdatant.sys bsod

First of all, how about being more specific about your issues. What version of ZA do you have installed, what type of OS (Operating System) Windows XP, 2000,etc.?? Give us the info and hopefully we will be able to help you with your issues.

maudit Guest

last version for xp

evensteven Guest

That DOES NOT HELP! Do you have ZA Pro, Security Suite, etc?? Or do you have the FREE version of Zone Alarm??

maudit Guest

free version

evensteven Guest

Do you know how to get to the event viewer in XP? If so look in there and see if there are any crashes, or warnings. Let us know what they are.

maudit Guest

mha... there's nothing remind vsdatant or zone alarm into the ev.
    all this procedure is necessary? is not a know issue?

Which antivirus are you using?

I am assuming (by your own lack of co-operation) that the ZAFree is the latest version 7.x?

I would suggest that a " /clean" uninstall be perfromed and a step down to the ZAFree 6.5 could solve your problems. We really don't know since all we know is you have a XP OS and a ZA.

The issue of remmants of previous drivers/keys from other security previously installed could be the problem. Any remmants of trials or possible antispy or even the presently used antivirus could be the issue.

Then there is the possibility of actual hardware failure. This is one of the most commonest cause of the BSOD. Since the codes has not been made known to us, then it is hard to determine if the hardware (bad RAM cards, outdated BIOS, bad HDD, incorrect graphics drivers, etc) is at fault or the operating system is in error. The vsdatant driver is stable and it would take something out or out to make it go wrong with a BSOD.

Anyways since you wish to remain secretive, I would suggest a " /clean" uninstall and install the ZAFree 6.5 instead. Plus running a file/registry cleaner a few times in between the uninstall and the re-install of the ZA.

Like this:

Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean

(add a space and then the /clean
    Click OK to save the new command line.

Open the ZA and disable the "Load Zone Alarm at startup" found in the Preferences of the Overview. Then reboot.

Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    Reboot
    After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them:

"Internet Logs" (under your Windows Folder)

"Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)

"Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)
    Empty your recycle bin
    Reboot

Now run the freeware CCleaner ..

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...ish_d4191.html

Run it after the reboot and run it in the Safe Mode and run it again in the Normal Mode. Be sure to use the Issues feature.

Then install the ZAFree 6.5.737.000. Download from here>

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...737_000_en.exe

Install and see if this solution works for you.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

ilauncher Guest

Hi,I
    too am facing the same prob but i will try my best to provide as much information as possible.The BSOD says 0x0000008E and the culprit is vsdatant.sysAccording to the Event Viewer, I have got this BSOD twice...once on 22nd August and the 2nd time today.Both occured in the morning but the time at which they occured were different.The error logged on 22nd was:<hr>Event Type:
    Error
    Event Source:
    System Error
    Event Category:
    (102)
    Event ID:
    Date:

8/22/2007
    Time:

8:03:54 AM
    User:

N/A
    Description:
    Error code 10000050, parameter1 bad0b148, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 805b9ec9, parameter4 00000002.<hr>
    And the one logged today was:<hr>Event Type:
    Error
    Event Source:
    System Error
    Event Category:
    (102)
    Event ID:
    Date:

8/28/2007
    Time:

7:54:40 AM
    User:

N/A
    Description:
    Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 aa3e91f7, parameter3 a85e669c, parameter4 00000000.<hr>
    I have seen solutions for this prob such as just uninstalling and reinstalling zonealarm but how can that solve the prob?I have been using zonealarm for over a yr now and i havent faced such a prob, even when this prob was reported around 2yrs back!I hope someone will be able to help me solve it.I havent installed any new software on or just before 22nd that cud be causing this prob.My system specs r in my signature.Thanx in advance.

nogoro Guest

I also have &quot;Blue Screen Of Dead&quot; sometimes.
    Recently, &quot;Microsoft Windows Error Reporting&quot; shows me below page.http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R....0.0000000.0.0It said Zone Labs knows about this BSOD problem and tring to solve this.
    I'll write down
    below my enviroment if that helps.
    OS: Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2ZoneAlarm :6.0.667.000 (-&gt;too old??)
    TrueVector: 6.0.667.000
    driver: 6.0.667.000

Thread Information