Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v 7.1.078 for VISTA (URL)

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v 7.1.078 for VISTA (URL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>PPGperson wrote:
    I have a current subscription to Zone Alarm Pro on XP butwill be moving to Vista so will need the new version. Which ZA Vista version ties in with my ZA Pro subscription?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for your Feedback..I've Run ZAPro on WinXP for years..However, at this time there is no ZAPro for Vista, it will be available later this summer..Your ZAPro Key will Only work with any release of ZAPro..So, win you upgrade to MS Vista, you could install the New ZA FREE Vista version and a 3rd party AV and Anti-Spyware.. that are Vista compatible,Or as a ZAPro user you can contact ZA Customer Support at www.zonelabs.com and ask for a ZASS or ZAAV key for Vista..Before upgrading to MS Vista, please read the following Forum link from the Helpful Hint and Tips section..http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=162---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4890y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6420 2.4 GHz 4GB DDR2 667MHz two 250GB Raid SATA HDDs, HP w1907 19-inch HD Widescreen LCD

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1785
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ppgperson Guest

Cool. So my ZA Pro subscription,
    for which ZA promised there would be a Vista upgrade, is toast for now. Vista has been RTM for six months for crying out loud!
    I guess I'll run the freebie or look at other options and try and get a refund on the last four months I have. I probably won't be renewing.
    Many thanks for the info.

Your welcome..
    GeorgeV

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>PPGperson wrote:
    Cool. So my ZA Pro subscription,for which ZA promised there would be a Vista upgrade, is toast for now. Vista has been RTM for six months for crying out loud!I guess I'll run the freebie or look at other options and try and get a refund on the last four months I have. I probably won't be renewing.Many thanks for the info.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is some more information on ZAPro for Vista that may help you.. read the following Link..http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=43487
    GeorgeV

forum_moderator Guest

Hello,I just need to make one correction to a thread above. The statement "Or as a ZAPro user you can contact ZA Customer Support at www.zonelabs.com and ask for a ZASS or ZAAV key for Vista.." is correct but you will need to buy it as an upgrade. ZoneAlarm is not giving away or giving free upgrades from Pro to suite or av.We are giving extensions to you pro key so that you do not loose time on your subscription between now and when a Pro version is available that works on Vista.Best regards,Forum Moderator

wayned Guest

My XP desktop has 7.0337.000 on it now. My old subscription expires in 2 weeks.I bought a new 3 license version on CD. CD
    says ZASS 2007.
    I have a new Vista laptop
    that I've been waiting to install ZASS on.My new laptop has other anti-virus and anti-spyware software on it now. &gt;I know I must uninstall those first.
    I downloaded zaSuiteSetup_70_302_000_en.exe &amp; zaSuiteSetup_71_078_000_en.exe.
    Ok, I know these installs can be tricky sometimes, so what should I install on what machine?
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>wayned wrote:
    My XP desktop has 7.0337.000 on it now. My old subscription expires in 2 weeks.I bought a new 3 license version on CD. CD says ZASS 2007.I have a new Vista laptop that I've been waiting to install ZASS on.My new laptop has other anti-virus and anti-spyware software on it now. &gt;I know I must uninstall those first.I downloaded zaSuiteSetup_70_302_000_en.exe(for WinXP/2000 Only)&amp; zaSuiteSetup_71_078_000_en.exe. for VistaOk, I know these installs can be tricky sometimes, so what should I install on what machine?Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..I've Run ZAPro on several Computer for years because I like the Security provided by Zone Alarm and the Virus protection provided by KASPERKY Anti-Virus ver. 6.0..However, beginning with ZASS and ZAAV ver 7.0 the Kaspersky Anti-Virus engine has been incorporated into Zone Alarm Security Suite and ZA Anti-Virus, giving you the best of both programs providers..When I Bought my New Custom ordered High Performance HP pavilion d4890y Computer with MS Vista Ultimate I installed The Computer came with a 15 Month License for Norton Internet Security suite..with firewall, but is not as Strong or configurable as Zone Alarm Security Suite..I used ADD/Remove on Vista to remove all Symantec and Norton programs..But Norton/Symantec is famous for leaving trace files behind that conflict with other security programs..So I downloaded the current "Norton_Removal_Tool.exe" from Symantc.com to insure that all traces of Norton was removed..McAfee also has their own separate Removal tool on their web site..I then Emptied the Recycle Bin, and Delete all files except Layout.ini and the ReadyBoot Sub Dir in the C:\Windows\Prefetch directorythen Ran a Very Good Free Junk Remover program called ccleaner.exe from www.ccleaner.com that cleans your cashe, internet Temp dir and cookies..Then made a Current Backup (Clone or Image) of my Stable Vista Boot Drive for safe keepingThen Reboot and run the zaSuiteSetup_71_078_000_en.exe. (the ZASS Vista Compatible Zone Alarm)I have experienced no problems with ZASS for Vista..it Runs fast and no Resource hogging, however, when first installed ZASS SmartDefence does take a couple of days to sort things out.. then runs fine..here is my Tutorial on Upgrading to MS Vista and ZA for Vista..http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=162Good Luck..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    HP Pavilion d4890y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6420 2.4 GHz 4GB DDR2 667MHz two 250GB Raid SATA HDDs, HP w1907 19-inch HD Widescreen LCD
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE DVI/VGA Video card

Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1795
    GeorgeV

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Yodame wrote:
    This URL is only for Vista NOT XP,ME,98se,98...http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...078_000_en.exe
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Zone Alarmas well as many Software Companies Stopped Support for Win 95/98/98SE/ME after Microsoft stopped any further Support or Updates for Win 9x and ME..There will be more Updates for Win2000/XP/XP Pro ASAP... no ETA available at this time..Stay Tuned.. Film at Eleven.. :8}
    ---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE DVI/VGA Video card

Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1795
    GeorgeV

hapster Guest

George, thanks!
    I was able to get through the your install instruction
    with only one minor distraction.
    Because I had tried to install previously, I had an issue with a missing zpy.dll file.
    Looking through the forum for a fix, I found that deleting the c:/windows32/zonealarm folder was the remedy.
    I'm up and operating with ZASS.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>hapster wrote:
    George, thanks! I was able to get through the your install instructionwith only one minor distraction. Because I had tried to install previously, I had an issue with a missing zpy.dll file. Looking through the forum for a fix, I found that deleting the c:/windows32/zonealarm folder was the remedy. I'm up and operating with ZASS.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE TV-Out,DVI,VGA Video card

Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1805
    GeorgeV