Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v 7.1.078 for VISTA (URL)

wayned Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v 7.1.078 for VISTA (URL)

Thank you for your reply.The new PC came with PC-Cillin, which no one rates as well as ZA.
    I have been (very) anxiously waiting to put a Vista version of ZASS on the computer.
    In a few days when I have the time to do a proper uninstall and new install I will take the plunge. I just installed some other updates and I like to spread them out.

Thanks wayned
    for the Feedback..Both MS Vista Ultimate and ZASS for Vista have been running Smoothly on my Computer..Make sure to clean out your Cashe, Temp dir and Recycle Trash bin and reboot computer after you uninstall PC_Cillion and any other 3rd party AV..Good Luck..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4890y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6420 2.4 GHz 4GB DDR2 667MHz two 250GB Raid SATA HDDs, HP w1907 19-inch HD Widescreen LCD
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE TV-Out,DVI,VGA Video card

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1815
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

svstrider Guest

It is now about 2 weeks since this reply was posted. I have purchased a new Dell laptop with Vista. I am licenced to use ZA suite but despite uninstalling McAfee and downloading the ZA suite for vista I still keep getting the message that the version is NOT compatible with Vista. @!!!!! Pls help

myska Guest

Is there a 64-bit version available or expected anytime soon? on attempting to install Internet Security Suite I got this message:
    "Cannot install ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.1.078.000 on this computer. This computer has a 64-bit operating system and ZoneAlarm Security Suite cannot install on this computer."

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Myska wrote:
    Is there a 64-bit version available or expected anytime soon? on attempting to install Internet Security Suite I got this message:"Cannot install ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.1.078.000 on this computer. This computer has a 64-bit operating system and ZoneAlarm Security Suite cannot install on this computer."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a Link to the most Current info of the availability of Zone Alarm for 64 Bit OS..

http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...d=43670#M44010

and Here is a link to a ZA Forum discussion on 64 Bit Zone Alarm..http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=42410
    ---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4990y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66 GHz)
    4GB DDR2 800MHz, two 400GB raid SATA HDDs
    HP w2207 22-inch HD Widescreen LCD (1680 x 1050)
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS DVI,HDMI TV-out Video card
    ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner withRemote control
    15-IN-1 Memory Card Reader, 7 USB-2,Firewire,1394 Video

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070618115000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200707.1945
    GeorgeV

dsalvaggio Guest

I have a Zone Alarm Security Suite susbscription from April 07.
    I was using an HP Pavilion with Windows XP. I recently bought a Dell PC with Vista. I have not yet installed ZA because the Dell comes with Norton.
    1. I want to remove all Norton files. How do I make sure I don't miss anything?2. How do I activate my current subscription but upgrade to the Vista version on the new Dell PC? Do I have to pay again?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>dSalvaggio wrote:
    I have a Zone Alarm Security Suite susbscription from April 07. I was using an HP Pavilion with Windows XP. I recently bought a Dell PC with Vista. I have not yet installed ZA because the Dell comes with Norton.1. I want to remove all Norton files. How do I make sure I don't miss anything?2. How do I activate my current subscription but upgrade to the Vista version on the new Dell PC? Do I have to pay again?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Your ZA security Suite Reg Key should work with the New ZASS 7.1 for Vista on the New Vista Computer..I have three HP Pavillion Computers.. one with XP and two with Vista..Here is the Instructionas I recoment for Removing the Pre-Installed Norton Files and Installing the ZASS for Vista..The Simple method is.. A.) user Add/Remove to Remove All Norton/symantec files, (I found Three files to Uninstall), NIS, Live Update and Another symantec File)B.) The Download Sysmantec's "Norton_Removal_Tool.exe" to remove any leftover remnants of Norton/Symantec that were not removed by Add/Rwemove..C.) Download and Run the Free CCLEANLER.EXe **** Cleaner program that clean up any junk in your registry, Recycle bin and cache, temp files..D.) Reboot Computer to remove any un-needed drivers from MemoryE.) Install the New ZASS 7.1 for Vista..Here are More detailed Instructions..when you use ADD/Remove to Remove any of Symantec Norton utilities, especially their Norton Anti-Virus program, they still leave lots of traces behind after the "UNINSTALL"Fortunately SYMANTEC has a Fix for this problem on the Symantec web site called "NORTON REMOVAL TOOL" that does a better job of REMOVING ALL traces of Norton Symantec files..here is the Link to the Symantec Norton Removal Tool..http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ent&amp;seg=hm1.) I recommend downloading a FREE **** cleaner called ccleaner.exe from www.ccleaner.com and install it and run it with the default setting
    to clean out all junk from your Cashe, Temp Files and Recycle bin..2.) The other major cause of Install failure and True Vector errors is Conflict with 3rd party Security programs running during ZA install, like Webroot Spysweeper, Spyware Doctor, Bit Defender Conflicts because it has many of the features of ZASS..3.) As a General Rule to avoid Conflict you should Only run one Firewall and one Anti-Virus on the same computer..
    You can run MultipleAnti-Spyware programs, as long as the Anti-Spyware does not include some firewall or Anti-Virus Function to Conflict with ZA..as far as the WindowsXP firewall, ZA by default on install will turn OFF the Windows one way Firewall..Don't worry if Windows Security Center pops up a warning that it does not recognize ZA Firewall..
    There is a fix for that Cosmetic flaw in windows..4.) Here is the link to the Vista Files..http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/pr...ta/index5.htmlGood luck, Please Post Back with your Feedback..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070722075001
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200707.2035
    GeorgeV

dsalvaggio Guest

Everything you said worked great. Thank you. ZA is installed and other programs have been removed.
    Sorry for the late reply. Had other issues with the new Dell/andVista.
    The only remaining issue is one that I see posted on other threads: ZA can't update automatically or manually with Vista.I
    am hoping that the next version of ZA addresses this.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>dSalvaggio wrote:
    Everything you said worked great. Thank you. ZA is installed and other programs have been removed.Sorry for the late reply. Had other issues with the new Dell/andVista.The only remaining issue is one that I see posted on other threads: ZA can't update automatically or manually with Vista.Iam hoping that the next version of ZA addresses this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank youfor your Feedback..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070802035000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200708.2275
    GeorgeV