Thread: Still getting "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications...."

freddyfreddy Guest

Default Still getting "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications...."

Slysoft (and all):I don't know if you remember me, but you had been assisting me in trying to install the latest update to the ZoneLabs Security Suite 6.1 on my XP pro (sp2) computer. However, after following ALL of the URL instructions you and others have suggested, I'm still unable to install Security Suite on my machine.
    I am logged in as Administrator, I do not have any download accellerators installed, I have deleted all of the requisite files (I have followed the URL instructions EXACTLY) and made the appropriate Registry changes (and permission settings), but the install continually stops while installing the "multiscan.exe" file and
    with the same error: "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications...."
    So there must be some other configuration or license file(s) that isn't listed in any of the URL uninstall/clear guides.It seems like every two or three updates, the ZoneAlarm developers break something....

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

saman007uk20 Guest

Default Re: Still getting "You do not have access to ..."

I'm having the same problem, and I've tried all the guides and links.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

4. dankelly Guest

PLEASE answer the question or FIX THE PROBLEM and release the fixed version.

If you can't install an upgrade, then don't release the upgrade.

The previous user was correct. It seems that every few releases ZL breaks something. :-(

In case you didn't figure it out, I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to install 7.0.377 - zaAvSetup_70_337_000_en.exe.

dK

freddyfreddy Guest

dankelly: I thought you might want to know that I was unable to upgrade (or reinstall) ZA until a hard drive crashed earlier this year and I had to reinstall XP and ZA from scratch. There is clearly a hidden file(s) and/or something in the registry that is incorrectly configured or broken by some upgrades. I am responsible for several XP machines running on a small LAN and the 3 PCs--all configured similarly--experienced the same problem. Based on the number of others who have reported the same problem and the frequency with which it occurs, my guess is that the ZA engineers either aren't working very hard to fix it (recommending, instead, that you go through repeated hoops and ladders to 'clear' your system hoping that will do something) or don't know how. On a related note, one thing my many hours dealing with this issue did reveal was an incompatibility between ZA and some PC-based (software) telephone answering systems. Specifically, a program called 'CallStation', if installed, will cause Zonealarm's VSMON.exe (I think this is part of the Internet filter) to hang for an hour or more with the CPU pegged at 100% during Windows boot-up. The only fix is to close either ZA or CallStation via Windows Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del). Good luck.

Hi!Please remember that ZA staff/developers/whoever does not monitor this board, if you think there is a bug please report it to ZA technical support directly: www.zonelabs.com/tsform We are all users here helping each other....Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information