Thread: Vista compatible or not?

Hybrid View

qbert Guest

Default Vista compatible or not?

Hi all,

I bought a boxed copy of ZA "Internet Security Suite 2007" in a store. I think it's version 6 but the box doesn't specify. Now, the box clearly says "Windows 2000/XP/Vista Ready" but Vista complains when I attempt to install, saying it's not compatible. So what gives? Should I trust the ZA box, or the OS it's supposedly compatible with?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

Default Re: Vista compatible or not?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Qbert wrote:
    Hi all,

I bought a boxed copy of ZA "Internet Security Suite 2007" in a store. I think it's version 6 but the box doesn't specify. Now, the box clearly says "Windows 2000/XP/Vista Ready" but Vista complains when I attempt to install, saying it's not compatible. So what gives? Should I trust the ZA box, or the OS it's supposedly compatible with?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..The Vista Ready lable was a Mis-print in anticipation of a forthcomming release that took 4 or 5 months longer than anticipated.. the version you bought is Compatible with Windows 2000 and WinXP, WinXP Pro..The first ZA Vista compatible version is 7.1 just released on Thursday June 14th 2007..http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/pr...ta/index5.htmlHowever, You may still be in luck if the reg Key on the version of ZASS is still good, you can Download the new REAL ZA Vista ZASS from the URL above..The Following Address is a Zonelabs Web Page where you can Validate your Reg. Key,and if it is still valid you can use it with the new ZASS Vista..http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...e_key_help.jsp---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4890y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6420 2.4 GHz 4GB DDR2 667MHz two 250GB Raid SATA HDDs, HP w1907 19-inch HD Widescreen LCD

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1785
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

qbert Guest

Thanks for the info. However, I don't have any idea what the reg key for the boxed version is. I assumed I wouldn't need a reg key for the boxed version, and there isn't one printed up anywhere that I can find.

&quot;However, You may still be in luck if the reg Key on the version of ZASS is still good, you can Download the new REAL ZA Vista ZASS from the URL above..&quot;

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Qbert wrote:
    Thanks for the info. However, I don't have any idea what the reg key for the boxed version is. I assumed I wouldn't need a reg key for the boxed version, and there isn't one printed up anywhere that I can find.

"However, You may still be in luck if the reg Key on the version of ZASS is still good, you can Download the new REAL ZA Vista ZASS from the URL above.."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Only the Bare Bones ZA Free Firewall, does not use a Reg License key..all other flavors, ZAPro, ZA Anti-Virus and ZASS Security Suite require a Reg License Key..There are 100's of conterfit copies of ZA with bogus keys for sale on eBay..most of them don't install either..If the Box has "Borderband" &lt;SP&gt; on the Box there should be a contact email or website to contact them with your purchase details and ask for a licsense Reg key..
    GeorgeV

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Retail box Vista compatible or not? updated correction 2008

Qbert, the license key is
    written on the CD-Rom's package sleeve. But, this Cd-Rom is not really Vista Ready on boxes marked 2007 or earlier [ the new 2008 boxes are Vista Ready ], even though the package says so. Do not attempt to run the CD-Rom on your Vista pc/laptop. Download the ZA Vista Suite product from this page - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html
    - during installation you may be asked to enter the license key; do so with key from the CD-Rom's package sleeve. Or you may use a 15 day trial, and then enter the license key.<hr>You can check your license key here - http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...e_key_help.jsp<hr>This is the box with white and purple half circle on cover, copy righted 2003-2006 or 2003-2007. If there is a new 'manufactured' retail box - it would probably
    have a little different look. The new 2008 boxes are Vista Ready - but it may be to your advantage to download the latest version of Vista version ZoneAlarm firewalls - directly from our website and then enter the key from the sleeve - much easier - in the long run.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 8-17-07 - Classical Gas - Mason Williams

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-06-2008 10:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Qbert,
    I agree with NaiveMelody's advice, It's been years ago since I installed ZA from a Boxed store bought version 4.0, so I did not remember how the Key was reviled, please follow NaiveMelody advice and post back to let All the Users in this Forum learn from your experience..</BLOCKQUOTE>
    GeorgeV

gmherron Guest

I was in the same unhappy situation as Qbert.
    I stumbled on this posting and followed naivemelody's advice.
    I
    downloaded the Vista ZA Internet Security Suite.
    My boxed set included a security password to use to access the
    license key on a 3rd party website.
    I installed ZA, pasted the key into the section at the bottom of the intro page of the trial version and it worked first time.

I
    am in Australia so the situation may be different there.
    Both the retailer and the 3rd party that markets ZA here suggested returning the box for exchange/refund.
    If I hadn't been able to get a viable license key then I would have returned the box and purchased over the internet.
    But luckily it worked and saved much hassle.
    Thanks for the help.

gmherron

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Retail box Vista compatible or not?

gmherron, thank you for taking the time to post and for trying the advice and that things did work out well
    and on the first try. (You know sometimes you can get the retail box at a lower price than on the web / and with rebates
    - save a bit of $$) shush-h-h NaiveMelody NYC 6-20-07 - Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith<hr>PS minor - it's a good idea to list your operating system, ZA product, and version - you'll see it on many posts here - it sorts things out.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 06-20-200712:44 AM

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 06-20-200712:48 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>gmherron wrote:
    I was in the same unhappy situation as Qbert. I stumbled on this posting and followed naivemelody's advice. Idownloaded the Vista ZA Internet Security Suite. My boxed set included a security password to use to access thelicense key on a 3rd party website. I installed ZA, pasted the key into the section at the bottom of the intro page of the trial version and it worked first time. Iam in Australia so the situation may be different there. Both the retailer and the 3rd party that markets ZA here suggested returning the box for exchange/refund. If I hadn't been able to get a viable license key then I would have returned the box and purchased over the internet. But luckily it worked and saved much hassle. Thanks for the help.gmherron
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User form..

Thank you for your Feedback..

Feel free to Post back if you ever need ZA help..

---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4890y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6420 2.4 GHz 4GB DDR2 667MHz two 250GB Raid SATA HDDs, HP w1907 19-inch HD Widescreen LCD
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE TV-Out,DVI,VGA Video card

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200706.1815
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV