Thread: Problems with still running TrueVector

willeme Guest

Default Problems with still running TrueVector

I want to install the free ZoneAlarm version on my friend's computer, but I am unable to do so because the error message says that True Vector is still running. ZoneAlarm has been installed on that computer before, but there is no icon next to the clock and there is no Zone Labs map in Program Files.
    I found
    no Zonealarm on the
    computer
    in the add/remove software windowI found no mention of a TrueVector entry in Windows Task ManagerI found no mention of a True Vector in Autoruns van Sysinternals
    How can I stop the True Vector program running somewhere in the dark cellars of Windows XP SP2, so that ZoneAlarm can be installed ?
    Thanks for the help
    Willeme

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Problems with still running TrueVector

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>willeme wrote:
    I foundno Zonealarm on thecomputerin the add/remove software windowI found no mention of a TrueVector entry in Windows Task ManagerI found no mention of a True Vector in Autoruns van Sysinternals<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>But you will find a nice "zonelabs" folder in the system32 directory that you will need to remove.(C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs)Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-29-2007 09:35 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

krisshevlin Guest

hi i had same problem but i cant delete av.dll file from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs

any ideas would be gr8

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>krisshevlin wrote:
    hi i had same problem but i cant delete av.dll file from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs

any ideas would be gr8
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The Problem is that TrueVector and VSMON.EXE are the Main part of Zone Alarm that run inn the back ground as a service and start as soon as your Computer starts up and are the last drivers to shut down when your Computer shuts down.. The proper way to shut these two files down is before you delete or Upgrade Zone Alarm, you must go into OVERVIEW/Preferences and UNCHECK "load Zone Alarm.... on startup"
    Now that your in this Mess you need to Try the Method that GURU Fax suggested, and since those files are still in use, you can't delete them..So Now you need to Shut Down your Computer and Boot into SAFE MODE.. that will allow start the computer in Minimal Mode and Not load any of the ZA files so that you can Delete the Zone Alarm Directory..

How Do I Boot Into Safe Mode?

http://www.laplink.com/support/kb/article.asp?ID=102

Good Luck..

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information