Thread: Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Completely Gone

bluebirdacares Guest

Default Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Completely Gone

What happened.
    After the update tonight, my Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite is completely gone.
    All that is left is Zone Alarm.
    I paid for more.
    What gives.
    Is there a fix or what.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Completely Gone

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>bluebirdacares wrote:
    What happened. After the update tonight, my Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite is completely gone. All that is left is Zone Alarm. I paid for more. What gives. Is there a fix or what.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You may have corrupted your install, so Try this..To completely remove your current ZA install, please follow closely the document below (link).Take note of your license since the procedure will wipe out this information.1. Here: http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html2. Run a Free registry/system cleaner. ccleaner is quite good utility (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?f=3) 3. Re-download the ZASS installer from here (and do NOT use any download managers):http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload/ 4. Install with default settings, do not alter them....5. Once rebooted manual update the antivirus/antispyware signature ('update now' under the antivirus/antispyware tab)6. After the update perform a full antivirus/antispyware scan.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7...aissnewkp0.jpg ---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Vista Ultimate (32-bit) with IE7 MS Outlook 2007
    HP Pavilion d4990y Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66 GHz)
    4GB DDR2 800MHz, two 400GB raid SATA HDDs
    HP w2207 22-inch HD Widescreen LCD (1680 x 1050)
    256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS DVI,HDMI TV-out Video card
    ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner withRemote control
    15-IN-1 Memory Card Reader, 7 USB-2,Firewire,1394 Video

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070618115000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200707.1945
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bluebirdacares Guest

I bought extended download and so was able [finally to find] and downloard Internet Security Suite again.
    Ran a complete scan last night and nothing.
    Thanks.

tanz Guest

I had this exact same problem; I'm glad I am not the only one.
    I am about to try your fix, but it looks over my head.
    One odd thing I noticed is that is says my Zone Alarm basic was registered 4 months ago, which I guess is when I upgraded to Security Suite.

strat_thug Guest

This same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I used your steps to address the issue, only AFTER
    I completed step two, I re-installed with my back-up disc from ZoneAlarm. Worked like a charm. The problem I had was getting a &quot;clean&quot; uninstall
    with license removal. That made the difference for me.Thanks again,Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>strat_thug wrote:
    This same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I used your steps to address the issue, only AFTERI completed step two, I re-installed with my back-up disc from ZoneAlarm. Worked like a charm. The problem I had was getting a "clean" uninstallwith license removal. That made the difference for me.Thanks again,Dan
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback to this User Forum..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070802035000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200708.2145
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

codewarrior Guest

I had a similar problem today. Bear with me, my tale is somewhat long.

About a year ago, I upgraded from ZA Pro to ZA Security Suite. About a month ago I see that my subscription had expired. What I did not notice is that somehow the product had changed back to ZA Pro. When I clicked on the 'renew' link and renewed, I was renewing ZA Pro.

I did not want to have my machine unprotected by ZA SS while I sorted this out, so I downloaded the latest ZA SS and installed it, registered it and immediately renewed it.

ZoneLabs refunded my purchase of the ZA Pro subscription.

All things going well until today. After anti-virus and anti-spyware updates I was told to reboot. When I did, instead of ZA SS coming up, ZA Pro was running and said my subscription had expired. It certainly had. I am subscribed to ZA SS, not ZA Pro. I un-installed ZA SS, rebooted and re-installed ZA SS. When I did the install reboot, ZA Pro came up telling me my subscription has expired. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, trying different things like manually clearing all references to ZoneAlarm from the registry, and selecting different install locations. For the third install, I did the search I found in a Yellow Sticky in this forum (Zonelabs; &quot;zone labs&quot;; &quot;Internet logs&quot;; vsconfig.xml; vsdata.dll; vsdata95.vxd; vsdatant.sys; vsmon.*; vsmonapi.dll; vsnetutils.dll;vspubapi.dll; zaplus.*; zapro.*; **bleep**.dat; zlparser.dll; zonealarm.exe; zoneband.dll; vsutil.dll; zlclient.*) and deleted one file and one empty folder before the install.

Now ZA SS comes up, I enter my license number and it is running OK. Of course, all my customization is gone

I went to ZoneAlarm because of all the problems I had with Norton upgrades and renewals. Now I am not sure it was a good idea.

kiwidougal Guest

I had a simliar problem and downloaded the beta version which worked OK until the latest (408?). I have followed your link to clean
    uninstall which works OK until the following pops up&quot;True Vector monitor was not uninstalled.The uninstaller was not able to stop the TV software services. This will happen if other software is using TV engine.To uninstall make sure all other TV base programs have been closed&quot;I am not running CiscoI have tried to system restore to my previous version of ZASS but 408 remains.I have tried to download previous version of ZASS over the top of current installation. This does not work.I therefore cannot open ZASS, nor can I uninstall
    beta version
    to reinstall a suitable licensed version.

Hi!
    Boot your system in SAFE MODE and do the following:Go to Start &gt; Search &gt; Files and Folders. Make sure the location box is set to search your Local Hard Drive (usually C:\ ) or All Local Drives. Also make sure the Advanced Search Options are set to search subfolders and hidden files. Now copy the entire line below, paste it into the search box and click Search Now.Zonelabs; "zone labs"; "Internet logs"; vsconfig.xml; vsdata.dll; vsdata95.vxd; vsdatant.sys; vsmon.*; vsmonapi.dll; vsnetutils.dll;vspubapi.dll; zaplus.*; zapro.*; zllictbl.dat; zlparser.dll; zonealarm.exe; zoneband.dll; vsutil.dll; zlclient.*A list of files and folders belonging to ZoneAlarm will appear in the Search Results panel.Now proceed by deleting all ZoneLabs files and folders that were found.Empty the Recycle Bin.Now you can proceed to reinstall ZA.Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Hi kiwidougal

Please next time, start your own thread. The situation of the inital OP is not neccessarily the same as your own and it is easier to help one user at a time, instead of getting the users confused and muddles by cross advices.

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information