Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about latest ZISS 7 update

hsel Guest

Default Re: Question about latest ZISS 7 update

Hi,
    Windows Firewall says it's off in it's control panel and the Security Center, but.... one time when I started up, Windows Firewall, even though it was shown to be off, asked to add something to it's exception list. It's off, but it was not behaving as it was truly off. ZASS is reported to be the active firewall and antivirus, as it should be. I'm just curious if that's causing the slow down some of us are seeing. I am definitely seeing the not shutting down issue. After the Windows is shutting down issue appears, but does not shut down, I find I have to do a forced shut down. I understand that a fix is being worked out, and will be out once it's ready. I just hope I don't lose any data in the meantime.
    Thanks!hselburn

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>hsel wrote:
    After the Windows is shutting down issue appears, but does not shut down, I find I have to do a forced shut down.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The issue is that windows seems slow to shutdown but it does it after a while... so you should leave the system shutting down alone. If it does not shutdown then there is something else then ZA. If you force the shutdown you will most likely corrupt ZA database....Since you have been able to install latest version, you will be also able to install the previous version unless you started adding up other security tools on top of ZASS 7 or other misc. tools.To remove your current ZASS and install back the old just follow these easy steps1. On your current ZA --&gt;Uncheck "load ZA... startup" (Overview ---&gt; Preferences)2. Reboot your PC3. Uninstall ZA normally4. Reboot5. Double check that the 'Internet Log' folder is not on your system as well as ZoneLabs folder in system32 and Zone Labs folder in programs files6. Install the previous versionThe above is not the normal procedure, but since you have so many problems, the above procedure should avoid any locking of ZA files by the OS.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hsel Guest

Hi,

I have not reinstalled any antispyware apps. I almost reinstalled SM7 thinking that since the latest version is compatible, that as long as I shut off it's antispyware, there should not be an issue theoretically. In any case, if I do revert to the previous version, I wonder if I'll get the BSOD's again that occurred after I updated the antivirus/antispyware definitions. I was able to install the previous version at least one time before, but as soon as the defs update, the BSOD's occur. My videocard's (ATi Radeon X850XT)drivers are current as well. BTW, I had to allow 3rd party cookies for forum.zonelabs.org in ZA so I could reply to the message. Just a FYI.

Thanks!
    hselburn

edlipson Guest

Why are we as users and customers tolerating this admitted ZISS slow shutdown in 363 or 362 (I somehow got 363).

Any word on a fix?

I had to do a clean install from 337 because of database corruption. I don't really want to do it again for an admitted bug.

Ed

PS What is the story with 7.1.068? Is it just for Vista, is it a ZISS version?

Hi!there is a public beta of ZASS right now that should fix slow shutdown issues.Yes 7.1 is only for VISTA.Cheers,Fax

edlipson Guest

Where is the beta? How do I sign up? What is required for a beta tester? I'm interested.

Thanks,
    Ed

Hi!you find the beta here:www.zonelabs.com/betaRead carefully the intruction on the above page. Please note that betas have no support by ZA.You may want to wait just few days since the beta is near the end and a final release should be published soon.Cheers,Fax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information