Thread: Installing Zone Alarn Free in Vista

georgelawlor Guest

Default Installing Zone Alarn Free in Vista

My Vista installation is up to date with upgrades and fixes as of Feb. 8, 2008. I've been trying to install ZA free for vista repeatedly for several months and continue to have serious problems. The first issue is that the install process kills the MicroSoft Intellimouse software. Secondly; the install process seems to want a disk in some drive, it gives Exception errors i.e. Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters etc. This last time I freshly downloaded the install ware from the ZA site, turned off AVG, the Windows Firewall and Defender and pushed through the errors to complete the install. I had great difficulty getting a boot to complete but finally the ZA install window appeared and the status bar symbol ( big yellow X in red square) appeared. After completing the various instructions I was unable to get Zone alarm to function, or the Intellimouse ware to function or do a successful restart. An error stating that the security dialog window could not be created during startup appeared as well.

I had to use HP recovery program to get to Windows restore to get rid of ZA.

HP Pavilion, AMD 64 X2 5000 + , 4 Gbyte mem, .75 tera bytes hard drive space.

Getting ZA to run in Vista is the very first time I have ever had any difficulty with Zone Alarm. I'd love to have it running in Vista.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Windy George

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Installing Zone Alarn Free in Vista

<blockquote><hr>georgelawlor wrote:
    My Vista installation is up to date with upgrades and fixes as of Feb. 8, 2008. I've been trying to install ZA free for vista repeatedly for several months and continue to have serious problems. The first issue is that the install process kills the MicroSoft Intellimouse software. Secondly; the install process seems to want a disk in some drive, it gives Exception errors i.e. Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters etc. This last time I freshly downloaded the install ware from the ZA site, turned off AVG, the Windows Firewall and Defender and pushed through the errors to complete the install. I had great difficulty getting a boot to complete but finally the ZA install window appeared and the status bar symbol ( big yellow X in red square) appeared. After completing the various instructions I was unable to get Zone alarm to function, or the Intellimouse ware to function or do a successful restart. An error stating that the security dialog window could not be created during startup appeared as well.

I had to use HP recovery program to get to Windows restore to get rid of ZA.

HP Pavilion, AMD 64 X2 5000 + , 4 Gbyte mem, .75 tera bytes hard drive space.

Getting ZA to run in Vista is the very first time I have ever had any difficulty with Zone Alarm. I'd love to have it running in Vista.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Windy George

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:
    7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>

Here is a possible solution to your problem..
    Please read Post # 4.. at this link..
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...&amp;SiteID=17

Thread Information