Thread: "Trial expired" message after increasing computer memory

edschuck Guest

Default "Trial expired" message after increasing computer memory

I have just increased the memory of my computer. After i turned it on for the first time I got a message from my Zone Alarm (which I have for more than a year AND have renewed the license about 6 months ago)saying the trial had expired!!?!?

I tried entering my license key and it says it is not valid! How do I solve this??

Thanks,

Default Re: "Trial expired" message after increasing computer memory

Funny, considering my current Windows XP Pro SP2 install on my desktop has had a memory upgrade from 1 to 2GB and then a change of CPU as well as a new NIC card added, I haven't had any issues of this kind.

Message Edited by Jeruselem on 08-09-2007 10:33 AM

flyyourway Guest

Try the rmlicense switch removal and then reinstall and then re-enter your license that should clear up the problem,but check the time and date to make sure the memory upgrade didnt triger something somehow.

prof_fate Guest

Hello Edschuck,
    I have
    three options for Incorrect or pre-mature License problems..
    A.) The easest is may work for you..This should do it for you : To reset the license key table files in ZoneAlarm:

1.) Right click the ZA icon near the clock
    2.) Choose shut down
    3.) Say yes to the warning
    4.) Click Start, My Computer
    5.) Click Tools, Folder Options, View Tab
    6.) Place a dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and choose OK
    7.) Double Click the C:
    8.) Double Click the Windows Folder (It may say WinNT if you have
    Windows 2000)
    9.) Double Click the System32 Folder
    10.) Locate and delete the following file:

**bleep**.dat
    ( Sorry about that, I didn't notice that the forum must have bleeped it out . look for this filez l l i c t b l.dat

http://forum.zonelabs.org/i/smilies/...miley-wink.gif (Without the spaces between the letters)

11.) Close this window, then empty your recycle bin
    12.) Restart ZoneAlarm by going to Start->Programs->Zone Labs-> Zone
    Labs Security
    13.) If ZoneAlarm prompts you for your current license key,enter it
    If not, please open ZoneAlarm and under Overview ->
    Product Info click on Change Lic... and enter your key.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------If that don't work you will need to do a Clean Uninstall and use the /clean /relicense switchto remove your corrupte license and enter your correct license key..
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=103
    The third option is to contact Customer Service and Explain your problem and give them your current License KeyThey may issue you a new key or have some other suggestion..
    Please post back with your feedback.

I think the act of adding memory, might have reset the clock by accident - which causes havoc with any time-based activation licensing.That's the only thing I can think of that will do that.Get a new clock battery for the motherboard if the one being used is near 3 years old.

fifth_columnist Guest

Thanks for the info here - I've ZA Internet Security Suite, licensed until Jan 2008, and booted up this morning to get the message that my trial of ZA Pro had expired and that my machine was consequently unprotected! I wasn't happy.
    The solution was for me to restore from backup the certain dat file you mention and straight away all was working again.

My own top tip is - spend time doing backups often. I got caught out badly last Nov and have backed up regularly since.

Thanks again

5th C

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>fifth_columnist wrote:
    Thanks for the info here - I've ZA Internet Security Suite, licensed until Jan 2008, and booted up this morning to get the message that my trial of ZA Pro had expired and that my machine was consequently unprotected! I wasn't happy.
    The solution was for me to restore from backup the certain dat file you mention and straight away all was working again.

My own top tip is - spend time doing backups often. I got caught out badly last Nov and have backed up regularly since.

Thanks again

5th C
    <hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
    Thank you for your Feedback..
    Making Regular Current Backups, is a very good thing..Also following the old Son, Farther, Grandfather principle in making Backups is also a Good practice..
    Never make a Current Backup over your Last Backup, Because if something Screws up.. Both your Current install and your Backup are Screwed up..So it is a Good Idea to keep your
    last two Backups separate from the next Backup..
    Thanks again for your Feedback..

---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:
    Operating System: Windows XP SP2 Home with IE7 MS Outlook 2003
    HP Pavilion 1025c Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz 2GB DDR2

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.408.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.408.000
    Driver version:7.0.408.000
    Anti-virus engine version: 3 Dat file version
    Anti-virus signature DAT version: 20070907155000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.176.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200709.2465