Thread: I have Zone Alarm Security Suite V-7 installed. 25Aug,...

trm840 Guest

Angry I have Zone Alarm Security Suite V-7 installed. 25Aug,...

I have Zone Alarm Security Suite V-7 installed.

25Aug,
    when I turned the
    Notebook on, a pop-up reports that my trial period for zone alarm pro had expired? I have never used
    a trial of za
    When I check control panel/ Security Center/it shows that ZonaAlarm Security Suite Firewall is currently
    ON.
    Further, when I click on the short-cut
    to ZASS the zone alarm pro trial pop-up opens.

I purchased Zone Alarm Pro when I bought the Notebook in 2003, I've keep the yearly renewals current. March of this year I switched to Security Suite and have extra days plus the year of zass before the subscription runs out.
    The Internet Explorer won't connect to the internet.
    I don't know what to do

Has anyone else experienced this. Thanks Dennis in Sacramento

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: I have Zone Alarm Security Suite V-7 installed. 25Aug,...

Hi!Yep, your old license key is still on the system somewhere... to reset it you need to uninstall ZASS with the /rmlicense and /clean switches.This will fix your issue.See here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

trm840 Guest

If I do the clean uninstall, what is the file name of the downloaded
    file that
    is zass V-7
    (in order to reinstall). I don't have a zass v-6.5 or v-7
    install CDDoes the clean unistall remove ALL zone alarm files on all drives? even my saved downloads from zone alarm? I always click Save and then Run form the saved location.
    Why does the pop-up read that my trial of ZAP has expired when I never have had a trial?Should I go to Circuit City and buy a new CD? I want the 3 PC licenseThanks faxDennis in Sacramento
    Yep, your old license key is still on the system somewhere... to reset it you need to uninstall ZASS with the /rmlicense and /clean switches.This will fix your issue.
    See here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html

Hi!The clean install only remove your active installation of ZASS not the original installer. The clean uninstall procedure also suggest to manually remove certain folders (if still there). Please do so. But just in case here you find the latestZASS 7 installer to dpwnlaod: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlSome users have reported issues with the latest version 7.0.362.000 (slow shutdown and AV e-mail scanning issues). You may want to download/install 7.0.337.000 instead or try 7.0.362.000 anyway.At install you will be requested to input the license key since the previous procedure (clean install) should have wiped out any information from your system.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 08-27-2007 10:18 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

trm840 Guest

Thanks for your assistance Fax. I seem to have everything back working. There was a 15 day trial pop-up until I entered my Key.
    I still have 177 days left of this subscription. I want to get the subscription for 3 PC's do I have to purchase that separately?Will my 177 days be tacked on to any early renewal?
    Thanks again,Dennis in Sacramento

trm840 Guest

Default Re: I have Zone Alarm Security Suite V-7 installed8-28 everything is fixed

Thanks for the help folks, zass is running again.
    Dennis in Sacramento

campo Guest

i have the same problem - i am really dissapointed that the solution to everything seems to be "uninstall with these switches". I've never had zonealarm pro on my laptop why does this popup? for the record my laptop came with a trial of nortons...so how did ZAPro get on it? I have been a long time user of ZA and have many current licences but not being able to use outlook with ZA turned on and now this...Tech support is yet to resolve the outlook problem (from months ago) and i can't uninstall reinstall everytime there's a problem...not good enough!!

If you never has ZA installed, then there should be no need to post. But anyways check the Program Files folder and look for any Zone Labs or Zone Alarm folder. Then do a check in the WINDOWS for a Internet Logs and in the WINDOWS\system32 for a ZoneAlarm folder. If none of these are not present, then there is no ZA installed on the PC.

What ever did say you have the ZA installed, is obviously then mistaken. It cannot be the ZA fault, but what ever it was that declared this to be true.
    But the scant details you have given, this is the least amount of advise I can give.

BTW, it would be better to start your own thread.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information