Thread: Vista Ultimate, ZA Internet Security Suite 7.1- network stuck in Local only mode

Hybrid View

ericwin Guest

Default Vista Ultimate, ZA Internet Security Suite 7.1- network stuck in Local only mode

Hello, I just upgraded my XP machine to Vista Ultimate and also to ZA Internet Security Suite (7.1 Vista version). After installation, my network goes to Local only mode (I cannot access the internet). If I disable ZoneAlarm, the network is still Local only. But I completely uninstall ZA ISS, my connection comes back. Additionally, when my desktop goes to Local only mode, it also hoses my connection for my Vista Business laptop.

As a side note, I have been running free ZoneAlarm on my Vista Business laptop without a problem until I install ZA ISS on my desktop at which point I lose its internet connectivity as well.

I have seen a few other people on the forum with a similar problem but that was months ago and I never saw a solution. I speculate that the only released version of Vista ZA ISS is not fully baked and there is not a current fix which is unfortunate.

Hopefully someone out there has a workaround!

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

davidmitchell Guest

Default Re: Vista Ultimate, ZA Internet Security Suite 7.1- network stuck in Local only mode

Eric:

I have the same problem on a machine with Vista Ultimate and ZA Suite 7.1 for Vista (fully paid for, not trial). Even with ZA not started (unchecked the box that says to start it with Windows), I get local only, no Internet. If I uninstall ZA, bingo, I have Internet Access. I have no other firewall or AV on this computer (except for Windows Firewall which is disabled).

I have another computer with Vista Home Premium and it doesn't have the problem.

Does anybody have a solution or explanation?

David

ericwin Guest

Default Re: Vista Ultimate, ZA Internet Security Suite 7.1- network stuck in Local only mode

Nope, no solution or explanation. I have another computer with Vista Business and free ZA and it works fine. Tech support's only "solution" is to uninstall and reinstall which doesn't work for me.

davidmitchell Guest

Eric:
    I finally decided to uninstall and ask for a refund for this copy of ZA. I just couldn't get it to work on that computer.
    Good luck.
    David

Thread Information