Thread: Does anyone know how to stop the ZASS renewal splash screen at bootup?(renewal is not an option)

rduroc Guest

Default Does anyone know how to stop the ZASS renewal splash screen at bootup?(renewal is not an option)

My ZASS subscription service expired on 09/01/07. During the month of August I disabled the AV/AS and set the updates to manual but continued using the firewall while trying out NOD32. I like NOD32 and purchased it but still using the ZoneAlarm firewall. However, when I reboot I keep getting the annoying splash screen telling me that I need to renew and there are two options on the splash screen; renew or remind me later. I want to stop this splash screen. Anyone got a solution?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Does anyone know how to stop the ZASS renewal splash screen at bootup?(renewal is not an option)

Hi!you may need to wait about 45 days then it should stop. Some users have also reported that version 7 will not stop.If you are bored by it, just uninstall and install ZA free 6.5.So, as far as I know there is no way to stop the renewal screen.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-04-2007 07:10 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rduroc Guest

Default Re: Does anyone know how to stop the ZASS renewal splash screen at bootup?(renewal is not an option)

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:

Hi!
    you may need to wait about 45 days then it should stop. Some users have also reported that version 7 will not stop.
    If you are bored by it, just uninstall and install ZA free 6.5.

So, as far as I know there is no way to stop the renewal screen.

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-04-2007 07:10 AM
    <hr></blockquote>

When I rebooted yesterday (9/5/07) the splash screen or window was gone. However, I had several freezes that I never had before (is this vsmon deciding to act up because I didn't renew?) If I revert to a free firewall I would probably go with the free Commodo Personal Firewall. However, I should be able to keep using the ZASS firewall with AV/AS disabled; I paid for it! But with the ongoing and apparently increasing issues regarding ZoneAlarm stability (vsmon does not play well with others) I may still go with **bleep**. Time will tell.

Hi!indeed there is a great choice of free firewall out there, just try them and stick with the one that work best for you.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information