Thread: How install ZA to new drive with new operating system on the same PC

dthomasla Guest

Default How install ZA to new drive with new operating system on the same PC

I want to move all my programs and data to a new and larger hard drive and operating system. How do I reinstall my licensed copy of ZA Security Suite and keep all my customized settings I don't have a CD of my most recent license renewal although I have one of the previous renewal. I am going from W2000 to XP professional.

Operating System:Windows 2000 Server/Adv Server
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: How install ZA to new drive with new operating system on the same PC

Hi!I am not aware of an easy way to import settings into a new install.Moreover you are switching OS so settings/executable permissionare differentfor the two OS.To avoid any unexpected behaviour its better to start clean (taking note manually of the relevant settings you need including your license).Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dthomasla Guest

Default Re: How install ZA to new drive with new operating system on the same PC

"...To avoid any unexpected behaviour its better to start clean..."

Thanks for the advice. "Starting clean" wasn't what I wanted to hear, but it makes sense.

Hi!I know... sorry for this.But trust me... better to waste a couple of days to input your specific setting than manually editing the config file (from the backup feature) risking an unstable install.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information