Thread: Traffic reporting in ZA Internet Security Suite under Vista

rbereit Guest

Default Traffic reporting in ZA Internet Security Suite under Vista

I have just upgraded my PC to Vista (Re-format HD and Clean Install). Installed ZA Internet Security Suite version 7.1.078.
    I notice a difference in the way this version works, as compared to my previous XP System.
    Don't know if this is significant or not.
    Under XP, the small "Z" icon in the tray area (lower right corner of the screen) would show red and green bars whenever there was network traffic.
    This told me the traffic was passing through the ZA firewall.
    Under Vista, the same icon is present, but only occassionally shows the red/green traffic bars.
    There are times when downloads are taking place and only the "Z" appears.
    Using Microsoft's Performance and Reliability Monitor (a new tool under Vista), I am able to see that there is indeed a great amount of network traffic passing through my system.
    Does the fact that the red/green bars fail to appear mean that ZA is NOT processing the data through it's firewall?
    If so, what is the purpose of using the ZA firewall at all?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Traffic reporting in ZA Internet Security Suite under Vista

Hi!nope, seems just a GUI issue... all traffic is monitored by ZA.You can try blocking it or limiting it and it will work.Apparently ZA icon will flash only the first time you use the application XX for the first time (within a session) then it will be silent.I am not sure if this is by design or not.... You may want to ask to ZA technical support (www.zonelabs.com/tsform)And please post back if you get an answer...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information