Thread: Define 3 pc install

gwtx Guest

Default Define 3 pc install

I just bought the 7.0 ZAISS 3 user/computer version(cheaper than upgrading), my question is how do they define a PC. As installs or as individual PCs. I have 2 PCs here, one that has XP/Linux, and the other is XP Pro/Vista Prem/Linux. Now on the second box, if I install it in the XP partition and Vista, does that count as 1 install( since its only 1 PC ) or is that 2 installs? And if I deceided to install it inside one of the VM ware partitions, does that also count as another install??

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Define 3 pc install

Hi!difficult question... I guess different OSs are different installs but for a definitive answer please contact ZA customer support at: www.zonelabs.com/csform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

One installion is defined as per one PC.
    It that case if two seperate OSes are installed on the same HDD on the same PC, this will qualify as ONE installation not two seperate installations. So in effect, three seperate PCs will be covered by the three user license- regardless of the number of actual OS'es installed on each of the individual PC harddrives. As for the Linux installations, you will have to use the linux OS firewall or install something other than the Zone Alarm.

Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>gwtx wrote:
    I just bought the 7.0 ZAISS 3 user/computer version(cheaper than upgrading), my question is how do they define a PC. As installs or as individual PCs. I have 2 PCs here, one that has XP/Linux, and the other is XP Pro/Vista Prem/Linux. Now on the second box, if I install it in the XP partition and Vista, does that count as 1 install( since its only 1 PC ) or is that 2 installs? And if I deceided to install it inside one of the VM ware partitions, does that also count as another install??Thanks :8}

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...f?t=1189614402Welcome to the Zone Alarm User forum..

I agree with both Guru Fax and guru Oldsod..

I do see one bit of Difference...

On the 2nd PC with XP/Vista/Linux..

The ZASS for XP will only install on the WinXP..

The Vista Partition will need to have ZASS for Vista installed.. (Good News is the the Same Key for the ZASS XP will work fine on the ZASS for Vista..)

But It is my impression that Guru Oldsod interpretation is correct, but if on doubt, please contact Customer Service at www.zonealarm.com/csform

---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070907155000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200709.2395
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Vista will create it's own seperate partition for it's own default installation, by design from micorsoft foresightfull planning. Although I understand it can be easier to do the new partition creation from within the XP or using the XP installation disk. As for the linux, it needs it's own seperate boot manager (since any form of any linux OS or files is never recognized by any windows OS).

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-12-2007 01:09 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

That has never been an issue before with the ZA or with any other security vendor- one PC and several installations and using different windows operating system all with the same defined default "one installation and only one key". This has been the previous situation with OSs such as XP, ME, 2000, etc. I do not think have have changed since just because the newer OS is called Vista.
    However Guru GeorgeV, you are correct, the Vista ZA and the XP ZA are using completely different installers.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

gwtx Guest

I got the following reply from support yesterday confirming it
    Each computer unit itself is considered 1 user.

Since this was a windows product, depending on how they handle activations(what they use to confirm its the same PC), one can never know without asking.

Thanks guys

Great! So you can run as many OS as you want and install ZA using one key per computer...Thanks for coming back and report about the ZA customer support response.Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Yes thank you. It is always nice to have the offical word on these things. Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

merlact Guest

I do hope this is the case, Symantec have just stopped me from using my legitimately purchased NIS 2007 because I activated it 5 times.
    I have 2 XP installations on my PC and also use Norton Ghost when I need to
    refresh my system, consequently I have
    installed it and activated it 4 times.
    My motherboard also died, I swapped the board with an identical model but NIS still required reactivating (interestingly nothing else did including XP).
    1 installation activated but the other did not so I contacted them telling them
    my situation. They were kind enough to give me the link to purchase a new copy but that was all I got out of them.
    I will never buy from them again - lesson learned.
    EDIT:
    what is 1 computer unit defined as? the hard drive? the IP address? the OS installation?

Message Edited by merlact on 09-13-2007 05:28 PM

Thread Information