Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mmmm... ZASS 7.0.408 - So Far So Good!

old_jericho Guest

Default Mmmm... ZASS 7.0.408 - So Far So Good!

As a long time user and customer, I had just about given up on this product line. To be candid, I haven't had a smooth install with smooth load and shut downs since the 6.1 series.
    Anyway, it's only a few hours in but the installation and a rediculous number of start ups and shut downs later and I must say I am impressed. Looks like Check Point listened to their customers this go.
    If the rest of the Suite functions as well as the previous version 7 release did once it ever did load, I will be a happy camper!
    BTW, I did the complete uninstall and reinstall with this 7.0.408.000.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Old_Jericho on 09-13-2007 08:07 AM

Default Re: Mmmm... ZASS 7.0.408 - So Far So Good!

Thanks Old_Jerico for your positive feedback!I have to say that I am also impressed, they did an excellent work in this release.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tasman Guest

I did the guru Oldsod's uninstall method and must say I am impressed with 7.0.408. The install went very smooth, bootup time is
    much faster
    then
    7.0.362 . Good job Check Point !!Tasman

mistress Guest

Hiya FAX!
    1st, I must say, I like the new forum layout!
    Then, is the new ZASS 7.0.408 official yet?
    As of yesterday morning, 9-12 it was not. Is it now?
    Thanks lots!

Hi!Yes, it is.... but wait for the automatic update to notify you....Or if you want to take the risk... install manuallyZALabs is doing a very slow and cautious rollout to be sure there are no major issues in this build. 337 usershave not yet been notified, 362 users have got the notification yesterday.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-13-2007 05:20 PM

questrisyn Guest

I wish I could say the same.
    I have tried three installations of this new version and each time I get the following error messages:

TrueVector Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

For more information about this error, click here:
    TrueVector Service
    Error Signature
    AppName: vsmon.exe
    ModVer: 2.4.2150.1012
    AppVer 7.0.408.0
    Offset: 00024aca
    ModName: zpeng24.dll

The application starts and runs fine, but how can I trust it when a critical component has to shut down prior to it running?

BTW, I always perform the uninstallation/installation as follows:
    1. Modify the uninstall shortcut target to look like this: "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\Zonealarm\zauninst.exe" /clean /rmlicense
    2. Run the uninstall program and after rebooting, find and delete the folders titled "Internet Logs", "Zone Labs" and "Zonelabs".
    3. Flush the recycle bin and reboot (having minimized the startup services to only those that are essential).
    4. Install the program.

I was anxious for this update because I had recently started to experience vsmon.exe errors, but it looks like I'll be heading back down the ladder again.

Sigh

Hi!are you running any other security tool on your system? Please removethem or shutdown.That error is typical when you install and haven't removed the "C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs" folder...Also try to download again the installed and don't use any download managers.Cheers,Fax

questrisyn Guest

I don't use any download managers and have disabled the startup of the other antispyware program (superantispyware).

As I indicated, I also have deleted Internet Logs, Zonelabs and Zone Labs folders prior to the installation.

I will try one more time.

Hi!Yes, try again... it is essential you remove that folder and double check it is removed... and re-download the installer to be sure is not a corrupted download.If all fails you can try to install ZASS in SAFE MODE though I would only use this method when you are really desperate... it is not generally recommended.Cheers,Fax

questrisyn Guest

No go. The problem happens exactly the same way each time. I'm not going to bother with trying to install such an unstable product. I'll back off to a more stable version and wait for ZA to get their act together.

Thank you for your attempts to help, however; that is appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information