Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mmmm... ZASS 7.0.408 - So Far So Good!

Default Re: Mmmm... ZASS 7.0.408 - So Far So Good!

You're welcome!Strange you have this problem and a pity that you can't install....latest version is (IMO) the best in term of stability and performance...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

questrisyn Guest

Found the problem. After uninstalling TuneUp Utilities 2007, the TrueVector service seems to have stopped crashing during the installation of ZASS 7.0.408.
    (I was going to fire a note off to the TuneUp guys and try to find out the source of the problem, but I think I'll just use TU Utilities on a need-to-install-and-use basis; it was always finding and wanting to correct errors and it really started to feel like the program was making work to justify its own existence - heh.)

I am very impressed so far with the improvements made to the boot times. I agree, fax, this seems the best so far and ZL are to be commended. One more big shout out to you for your positive comments - I was starting to get really tired of the whole ZASS uninstall/install routine!

Best regards!

questrisyn

mistress Guest

Still no notification on the update
    Is it safe for registered users to download yet?
    I hate this version! It's the one with the funky vsmon.

I had to revert back to this one because of the slow boot up and shutdowns,
    then having to tell the 'av program' when to run every day, after resetting
    the 'on access' ... it got to be a bit too much every time I rebooted.

Hi!the safest choice is always to wait for ZA automatic update notification.But if you want to update manually, just do the following (to ensure a smooth update)1. Download the ZASS installer: http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload/(DO NOT use any download managers)2. Clean your registry/system. Ccleaner is an excellent utility for this. (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?f=3)3. Backup your ZA settings (overview --> preferences)5. On your current ZA, Uncheck "Load ZA... at startup" (overview --> preferences)6. Reboot your system8. Disable/shutdown ANY other security tool you have installed7. Install the new ZA update (upgrade).Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-17-2007 03:10 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mistress Guest

Thankyou darlin'!
    I will let you know how it goes.
    (btw...I've been using CCleaner aka '**bleep** cleaner' ((LOL))
    for a very long time! AWESOME!)

zonealarmalexs Guest

I was seriously p**sed at the previous 7.x versions... at least now the beta testing appears over. It was a **bleep** removing the previous version. In the end you had to go to safe mode, kill the explorer process (don't click OK to restart explorer) in order to remove locked down files.

So now a clean slate and 7.0.408 seems OK. However I find firefox 2.0.0.7 sometimes becomes "half responsive" for want of a better phrase since this was installed (didn't happen before), only solution is to kill firefox....

IE sometimes struggles as well.... Nothing major.... well not yet anyway.

Jury is still out, but I'm fairly positive after using it for 2 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information