Thread: ZAAS Update to 7.0.408?

oldshep Guest

Default ZAAS Update to 7.0.408?

Anyone know if / when the ZA Antispyware update to 7.0.408 will be pushed to the public?
    Thanks

tasman Guest

Default Re: ZAAS Update to 7.0.408?

I got my update notice yesterday (9-12)and don't know why it's not showing up on there web sitetasman

oldshep Guest

Thanks tasman. Which product - ZAAS or ZAP or ZAISS? Were you able to download the install file?
    I've checked the release history for ZAAS and its not there. I've also tried a manual system update and it says "system up to date". I'm currently
    running V7.0.337.

tasman Guest

I'm running ZAP and automatic update checked and
    the update notice box popped up and I did the download from itTasman

Hi!autoupdate is active only for 362 updates not yet for 337.... ZALabs is opening autoupdate gradually to ensure everythings goes well...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tasman Guest

Thanks fax,

oldshep Guest

Thanks to all. So back to the original question... Is there an estimated date for the ZAAS update to 7.0.408? I'm working on changing the security software for another PC and was wondering if I should wait for the new version or just install 7.0.337 now and do the uninstall / reinstall thing when the update becomes available.

Hi!ZAAS is already on ZA public servers... just change manually the version number on the download link and you will get the update. Up to you to install or to wait forZA autoupdate to notify you. If you have no problem with the installed version than keep it like this and wait for ZA notice, otherwise update manually.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-13-2007 11:53 PM

oldshep Guest

Not sure what you mean by "just change manually the version number on the download link". But it doesn't matter. I guess from your reply that you don't know when the upgrade will be pushed. And as you and several others have suggested, I won't try a new update until it is pushed to the public by ZA update. So I will set up my new computer accordingly.
    Regards,
    oldshep

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>oldshep wrote:
    Not sure what you mean by "just change manually the version number on the download link".
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is the old download link: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...362_000_en.exeThis is the new download link: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...402_000_en.exeAs you can notice the only difference is the version number that you canrevise manually thus downloading the latest version.

Iguess from your reply that you don't know when the upgrade will be pushed. oldshep
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Zalabs are pushing the update via the autoupdate feature to user of version 362, i.e. the one having most problems. Once they have determine that is safe to update for all users, they will turn ON autoupdate for all version. Only the developers know when...
    I won't try a new update until it is pushed to the public by ZA update. So I will set up my new computer accordingly.Regards,oldshep
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually more than waiting ZA to make the link public and also to beperfectly safe, you should notupdate unless you get the ZA automatic update notification.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information