Thread: 7.0.404 not installed properly

nihilist Guest

Default 7.0.404 not installed properly

I upgraded my PRO version to the 7.0.3x security suite. It installed correctly. I then noticed that there was an update to 7.0.404. I couldn't download this, my file download would grind to a halt. Tech support sent me the instructions to remove all traces from registry and files to delete
    etc.(I think people here are familiar with this). I did so and was able to download the latest version. However now, WIndows says there's no firewall installed, although I am getting alerts from ZA asking for permission when I browse to web sites and from apps. that are opening. The virus module appears to be working. The ZA control security center is totally blank.
    Do I uninstall and try to install again.
    I had ZA Trend Micro running together for years and decided finally to have just one. At least with TM you could get online support from someone, with Checkpoint it looks like it's self help and forums like this. Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: 7.0.404 not installed properly

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am sorry you are having problems and hopefully I will be able to find a solution for you.

(Thanks to guru fax)

1. Uncheck "Load ZA at startup" (overview --> preferences)

2. Reboot your system

3. Turn ON windows firewall (not ZA); double check that now XP firewall is reported ON

4. Now turn ON ZA firewall (manually from the start menu --> Programs --> ZoneAlarm security...) and check back "Load ZA at startup"

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: 7.0.404 not installed properly

Thank you so much slyfox. However my situation has changed slightly. I decided to do a clean uninstall (with /clean /rmlicense)
    using the FAQ provided here and I also deleted some registry entries as per instructions I got from a ZA rep. earlier. Currently my problem is that the
    Win
    Security Alert is telling me that ZA firewall
    is installed but it's status is unknown. It also doesn't think anti-virus is active. ZA's security control centre tells me that antivirus is active and if I move the firewall setting to off the security alert detects it and tells me that the firewall is
    off! Also when I boot up the Win security alert is telling me that
    Trend Micro Security is turned off. I
    have uninstalled TMicro since I wanted to
    go to one suite hoping my computer would speed up. How
    is Windows informed of which firewall is active. Thanks again.

Thread Information