Thread: Upgrade to 7.0.408

rabies Guest

Default Upgrade to 7.0.408

Upgraded to latest version of Zone Alarm Pro yesterday. On restart, get message " Zone Alarm Client has encountered a problem and needs to close". Website won't allow reloading ver 7.0.362 as my current version is newer. Windows cant find the info it requires to uninstall Zone Alarm so I can redo the download. Sent an email toTech support - I should get an answer in a few days. Telephone support is closed as I am in Australia. Any ideas on how to proceed from here?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Upgrade to 7.0.408

Hi!manually remove ZA following this instruction:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103if one step does not apply to you or doen't work skip to the next. You many need to remove files/folders in SAFE MODE and set your system to show hidden files.Shutdown any other security tools before re-installing ZAPROCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rabies Guest

Default Re: Upgrade to 7.0.408

Thanks for the response. I have just seen it. Received an email from Tech support which gave detailed instructions on removing ZAPro before downloading it again. This worked. Will see what happens next time I trie to update to version 408.

Thread Information