Thread: Receive "zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application" after download

stevewm Guest

Default Receive "zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application" after download

I currently have ZA Security Suite 7_0_362.

I have been prompted to download an urgent upgrade.

The 22.0 Mb zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is sitting on my Desktop, but when I wish to activate it I get:-

.... \Desktop\zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

and so then I am stumped

Any clues please. (There was a Windows update [automatic] earlier in the week)

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Receive "zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Hi!the file is not complete... download again.It should be around 39MBCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

prof_fate Guest

Default "zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application" after download

<blockquote><hr>SteveWm wrote:

I currently have ZA Security Suite 7_0_362.

I have been prompted to download an urgent upgrade.

The 22.0 Mb zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is sitting on my Desktop, but when I wish to activate it I get:-

.... \Desktop\zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

and so then I am stumped

Any clues please. (There was a Windows update [automatic] earlier in the week)

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>You
    Have an incomplete or Corrupted Download....
    This is sometimes caused by:
    1.) Using a Download Manager program to excelerate the Download.. (MS IE7 gives Better Downloads)2.) Lots of other Programs running in the background, Playing Music or Games during the Download)3.) Poor Internet Connection or downloading large files over a Dialup Connection..
    Try downloading the file again..Here is a Direct link to the ZASS Downloads..
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

stevewm Guest

Default Re: Receive "zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application" Solved

It now works.And the reason that I think it failed before was because when I downloaded it a second time I did the same thing and went away to get a coffeee seeing as it was 10 mins.Just as it has been described in another thread, my screen was blank and took 45 secs to get the &quot;Choose User&quot; part then another 30 secs for the password box to appear, then another minute to log in.
    I saw the box saying so-much-percentage of download complete then straight afterwards I was told it was complete - this second time there was only 23 Mb.The third time I downloaded, I stayed at the terminal, moving the mouse every minute or so ..... and all 39Mb got downloaded.
    So thankyou to the two who replied.

Default Re: Receive "zaSuiteSetup_70_408_000_en.exe is not a valid Win32 application" Solved

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>SteveWm wrote:
    It now works.And the reason that I think it failed before was because when I downloaded it a second time I did the same thing and went away to get a coffee seeing as it was 10 mins.Just as it has been described in another thread, my screen was blank and took 45 secs to get the "Choose User" part then another 30 secs for the password box to appear, then another minute to log in. I saw the box saying so-much-percentage of download complete then straight afterwards I was told it was complete - this second time there was only 23 Mb.

The third time I downloaded, I stayed at the terminal, moving the mouse every minute or so ..... and all 39Mb got downloaded.

So thankyou to the two who replied.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Than you for your Feedback..

I'm Glad you finally downloaded a Clean Copy..Sleep Mode and Hibernation can Play havoc with long downloads..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 14th, 2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>SteveWm wrote:
    It now works.And the reason that I think it failed before was because when I downloaded it a second time I did the same thing and went away to get a coffeee seeing as it was 10 mins.Just as it has been described in another thread, my screen was blank and took 45 secs to get the &quot;Choose User&quot; part then another 30 secs for the password box to appear, then another minute to log in.
    I saw the box saying so-much-percentage of download complete then straight afterwards I was told it was complete - this second time there was only 23 Mb.The third time I downloaded, I stayed at the terminal, moving the mouse every minute or so ..... and all 39Mb got downloaded.
    So thankyou to the two who replied.
    <hr></blockquote>Thank You..
    All the Users try to Help each other when we can..

Thread Information