Thread: Uninstall Nightmare! Can anyone help?

ihatezap Guest

Default Uninstall Nightmare! Can anyone help?

Since renewing my ZAP subscription and attempting to upgrade, Zone Alarm Pro has been nothing but a pain. It hangs up, brings up a window that isn't active but won't go away, won't let me right clicdk on the icon in the task bar without freezing,
    -- in short, I cannot wait to get rid of it. But I can't. When I attempt to uninstall, I get a message saying that True Vector is running and must be shut down. When I attempt to do so using the Windows Task Manager, it tells me access to vsmon.exe is denied. I've used the steps listed elsewhere, attempting to delete the Zone Alarm file in the MyComputer/Local Disc/Windows/System32 directory, it will not delete the .dll's. It's as if they've created the perfect beast. It doesn't work, and I cannot get rid of it. Not one piece of advice on this forum or in technical support works. I cannot even open the Zone Alarm's preferences. I cannot uninstall it either directly or through the add/remove hardware option. Any suggestions? (My OS is Windows XP 5.1 w/ service pack 2)

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Uninstall Nightmare! Can anyone help?

My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information